ID:184126

Yes, not a half ass pokemon game, or any other game for that fact. Dont tell me all of you havent played the red version, and didnt love it. It was one of the greatest games on gameboy. And i think i would still enjoy playing it. Well im remaking it to the best of my ability, and think about it, since were playing with each other, we will be able to battle each other to see who the greatest really is. And best of all, im going to add in things that red should have had, like mew.And there will be little clues along the way as how to get him. Its going to be a long road. I just started, and realized how much i have to do. Im guessing by summer it will be done.
Knifo wrote:
Yes, not a half ass pokemon game, or any other game for that fact. Dont tell me all of you havent played the red version, and didnt love it. It was one of the greatest games on gameboy. And i think i would still enjoy playing it. Well im remaking it to the best of my ability, and think about it, since were playing with each other, we will be able to battle each other to see who the greatest really is. And best of all, im going to add in things that red should have had, like mew.And there will be little clues along the way as how to get him. Its going to be a long road. I just started, and realized how much i have to do. Im guessing by summer it will be done.

Mew was in Red Version, you just needed to use a GameShark. As for dropping hints to players on how to find him. If there was only one Mew ever on the Pokemon Movie which it was in. Why would there be multiple ones in your game?

Many people have tried to remake pokemon games, using the boring old GBA stoled sprites. Are you actually going to draw the stuff out yourself, or use sprites?
In response to DarkHorizon
Mew was in Red Version, you just needed to use a GameShark.

You don't need GameShark to get it in Red/Blue/Green/Yellow for the English ones, there's a glitch/bug in it where you can catch them without any add-ons... *pets his two Mews on the head in his Pokemon Blue*

- GhostAnime
In response to GhostAnime
GhostAnime wrote:
Mew was in Red Version, you just needed to use a GameShark.

You don't need GameShark to get it in Red/Blue/Green/Yellow for the English ones, there's a glitch/bug in it where you can catch them without any add-ons... *pets his two Mews on the head in his Pokemon Blue*

- GhostAnime

Actually, I don't think it is a glitch. It seems more like an in-game secret. =)
Ah.. Pokemon R/B.

Classic game in its time, but its become too slow for my tastes and new expierences.
red did have mew, you just had to either cheat with a gameshark card or die on the boat (at the lightning gym leader place) then when u have surf and strength go back, surf, move a truck, and get the pokeball with mew inside
In response to Devin148
Actaully ,that does not work. I've done it. Only legit way to get Mew in Red is from the Nintendo events, or if you had the Japanese version, to get all 150 pokemon and then see the developers in Celedon.
In response to Dead_Demon
something musta been wrong with your game then cause i did it, and i got mew .....
O_O
In response to DivineO'peanut
The method he's referring to is a bonafied glitch. It's an oversight by the developers when they believed that only one battle could go on. If you follow a correct pattern, you can escape a battle and cause an error with the binary allowing you to fight Mew (or any other Pokemon in the game).
In response to Devin148
You cannot gameshark Mew into the game, and the infamous 'truck' has nothing to do with it.

The only way to get Mew is either from one of the Nintendo events, or a recently discovered glitch.
In response to Jp
I used action replay to get mew and the starter pokemons.
In response to Nishiatsu
I'm fairly sure there was some reason you can't use a game-hacking device to get Mew.

(Incidentally, pokemon is the plural of pokemon. It's like sheep. You don't say 'sheeps', do you?)
1. You can use gameshark to get mew, i used one.

2. Im in need of red version turfs, or fire red turfs. A full set would be nice if anyone has any please post on here. Or im me on arsunal21.
In response to Jp
Jp wrote:
I'm fairly sure there was some reason you can't use a game-hacking device to get Mew.

Yeah, GS had a disclaimer, and that was your reason. Several of their versions refused to work with Pokémon games, and many others had these stickers wrapped around the insertion point stating that Pokémon was not supported and use of GS on it may foul up saves and whatnot. I actually still have my old GS that had the very same sticker, and it still has the glorified "sticker residue" on the sides.

Hiead
In response to Hiead
This is possibly because Pokemon Red/Blue were essentially stuck together with sticky tape. Honestly, they were so crappily programmed it's a wonder they worked. Final Fantasy 6 is possibly the only other game in the history of gaming that was buggy to the same extent.
In response to Knifo
I would use just red turfs. It gives it the original look, plus everyone else uses the fire red icons and I just don't like the look of them.
In response to Knifo
Or you could rip them from the game if you get desperate.
In response to Konamix
I dont know were to rip them from, i went to google, and typed in pokemon red and stuff, but theres so many turfs, and buildings it would take forever.
In response to Knifo
BYOND does have .dmi pokemon files, ya know <<;
In response to Knifo
Page: 1 2