ID:184301

2 days ago my laptop wouldnt boot up. The lights turn on for about 2 seconds then it justs turns off. I sent it to Besy Buy to get it fixed since i got that 3 year warrenty service thing. What do you guys think happened to it from experience? One person told me my processor most likely blew.
At first I thought your laptop (the whole thing) exploded.

Ummm...I think that its your hardware unless you saw erratic behavior before the incedent.
If I could guess, I would say your laptop overheated and something burned out.

Does your laptop per chance happen to have a Pentium 4 in it?

Those things melt babies.

~Kujila
Well...isn't that the first sign that somethings up?
In response to Kujila
It acts like it wants to start up, the lights turn on on the power button. It is a pentium 4, and I would say it generated ALOT of heat. It ran good for a whole year, then I guess it couldnt stand the heat. (no pun intended)

It just hurts if they can't fix it since I had a few good BYOND projects going on it.
In response to Tazor07
Have you tried replacing the battery or anything like that? I never dealt first hand with laptops and things like that, but I know it's a common thing for portables who use rechargeable batteries for them to start acting like that.
In response to Dark_Shadow_Ninja
You know, I thought that too. The batterie is still reading 100% I'm trying to remember if i removed the battery and tried just plugging the ac adapter in. It's a possibility then I guess.
In response to Tazor07
off topic but was it dell that was recalling laptops with so and so a battery becouse they were lighting on fire
lol :)

my friend has a dell laptop i better get some marshmallows and head over to his house >.>
In response to Boraken
No, awhile back a certain line of them where going right after the warranty. Or something silly like that, I never looked into it, just heard a lot of stuff about it.