ID:184468

Read this. I found it by searching google for "BYOND".
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=32119

My guess is that they figured out byond was a clever way of spelling beyond.

A lot of the search results in google about them seemed to be in spanish, which would back up the Chilean thing.
Known, they have no association with BYOND at all, just coincidence.

I once got an email from the PRESIDENT of a country asking why we hacked their website, think we even got some news coverage from it (stating they had nothing to do with us). I talked to the president various times afterwards, not sure which country it was, I'll have to check my email archives.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
I once got an email from the PRESIDENT of a country asking why we hacked their website, think we even got some news coverage from it (stating they had nothing to do with us). I talked to the president various times afterwards, not sure which country it was, I'll have to check my email archives.

How could you keep this a secret? That is friggin' ridiculous...That is NUTS. I'm like, shocked. >.>
In response to Cavern
It was South Africa that emailed me, most of the email is confidential, like the email headers and address it was sent from, but it all checked out when I verified it.

Hello,

We would like you to confirm that
you hacked the SA gov site ..www.gov.za over the weekend.

Then, what purpose did you have?
The govt said it was just for the kicks, is that right?

Please email me back asap, so we can communicate a few words back n forth...

Regards,

Thabo Mvuyelwa Mbeki
President

[Edit -- Found the replies too.]

Reply:

No, sir. Our organization has nothing to do with the Byond hacking team, I am very sorry for what they have done. Our group designed a piece of software that easily enables users to create online games.

His reply:

Very sorry for bothering you, do you have any information related to the group in question? We have a full investigation in the process and would like any information possible.

Also, I checked out your website it looks very interesting something the kids around here would appreciate, thanks for showing me!

My reply:

Sorry, sir. But I don't have any information on the team. Thank you very much for the comments on our site though, good to hear that from someone of your standing.

In response to Nadrew
That's pretty funny. Were you pretty shocked to have gotten such an email? :P

-Exophus
In response to Exophus
A little, but he's a South African president, they're like a dime a dozen.
In response to Nadrew
Hmm, thanks for clearing that up.