ID:1847430

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
Problem description: Hey. Right now I'm using different interface windows for the login screen, character creation process, and the actual gameplay interface (the 'default' window). For some reason, the Options and Messages box pops up when I load a savefile or create a new character. If I exit it, it closes the dreamseeker client. But when I right click the top of the default window (gameplay screen), it doesn't have an Options and Messages option like most games have. Is there a setting or command I need to run to keep the Options and Messages box from popping up and leaving it in the drop-down options when I right click the title bar of the default window?
Best response
Sounds to me like the default window isn't what you think it is. Check your skin and make sure none of the windows or panes think they're the default, except for the one you want to be.
Oh.. I unchecked default for the default window because I thought it would be the first window to pop up. I guess I just didn't think to go back and check default on it when I figured out I could use winset() to make windows/panes visible or not visible.

So what you're saying the options and messages box only pops up when when a window or pane that has the default box checked is not visible?
I forget the exact circumstances, but that does sound about right. Bottom line is you always want the default window to be visible.
Hm okay. Thanks for the help.