ID:184781

Flame Sage is working on a Draon Warrior Game, he claims AirJoe has a resource extraction program that he used to rip out the graphics of Silk's Dragon Warrior Online game so he didn't have to rip a bunch of graphics.

So whats the story AirJoe?!
Airjoe doesn't even USE it, he had extracted those grahpics just to test it, and he had them lieing around.

He deleted the rsc extraction afterwords, it was a test in theory kind of thing.
In response to Flame Sage
LIES!
I shall bestoy upon they who deliver upon us the program 100 bucks.
In response to Shades
You do realize that would RUIN byond?
Besides, I'm use after hearing this, Tom will encrypt the rsc somehow.
im sure if you really want someone's graphics you can use print screen :/
Shades wrote:
Flame Sage is working on a Draon Warrior Game, he claims AirJoe has a resource extraction program that he used to rip out the graphics of Silk's Dragon Warrior Online game so he didn't have to rip a bunch of graphics.

So whats the story AirJoe?!

Yes, they're fairly easy to make(though I doubt they'd be so easy in BYOND, with the problems of binary data loading). However, those who can make them *generally* won't share them. You could imagine how BYOND would turn out if everyone was ripping stuff.

Hiead
In response to Jerico2day
Check your Byond cache folder. I think a lot of them, or the extra resource stuff, gets stored there.
In response to Jerico2day
Wow its freaking Jerico2day. I have to tell you I loved the tiles pack you released awhile back. They are great for RPGs and stuff.
Flame Sage wrote:
Besides, I'm use after hearing this, Tom will encrypt the rsc somehow.

It's possible that such encryption could potentially climb into the 4.0 version, but don't count on it. The RSC extraction has been known for years.

Hiead
In response to Hiead
I don't know if they are written in Binary, but you can make them in BYOND. I've heard it's pretty simple to do as well. I've never managed, though.
But it'd be just as easy to reproduce again, or even easier. After all, he did make it, did he not?

Anyways, a couple of people have made these. I've tried countless times, but y'know, I'm still a newbie. Just the knowledge of knowing I can do it would satisfy.
In response to Shades
Shades wrote:
Wow its freaking Jerico2day. I have to tell you I loved the tiles pack you released awhile back. They are great for RPGs and stuff.

:) Thanks, hope that wasn't a sarcastic comment to my post^_^ As the tiles are just ripped from rpg maker:D Altho it did take a lot of work to get loaded into byond properly^_^

Regardless, I'm not a fan any longer of using pre-made artwork, as I have a knack at doin it myself nowadays. I left it there for anyone who might make it useful..

As for the comments about encrypting your artwork, why bother? Like I said, the majority of anyone who would steal such a thing would just use prntscrn anyway.
USING other's resources is a big deal, but having a resource extraction utility or making one isn't a big deal, because it's simple to make them. Anyone can do it, and people can steal the resources other ways as well (such as screenshots).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it isn't a big idea to make or have it because there is no avoiding it. The best anyone can do is crush the games and people who actually use the cracked resources. I mean, they have to show the public at one point, and they are showing them something completely illegal.

Although Dragon Warrior icons all belong to the original company, so no legal action can be taken, but I'm sure the BYOND staff doesn't approve.
You've been around a long time now, and you know better than to post topics in all caps. Good gads man.

This entire thread is flamebait anyway. All that really needs to be said has been said. Closed.

Lummox JR