ID:184841

The Opera browser for the DS is going to be released soon. It is a shame so far it hasn't mentioned a US release. I hope to heck they also release it here in the states.

In a recent interview the developers of Opera said that so far the web browser supports almost everything except for flash and java. And in the future if Nintendo wants, they would impliment it.

Wouldn't that be awesome to play like.. RuneScape on your Nintendo DS? Or to even use Java Telnet and acess and play muds via your Nintendo DS. Tight.
That would be awesome playing a byond MUD through my DS or even maybe a chat room VIA telnet would be sweet i wonder if wiz_chat would be accessible?

The only problem is getting the IPS for the rooms :( byond doesn't show it which is good in a saftey way but DS TELNET lol :P.
In response to A.T.H.K
You'd have to install Dream Seeker on the DS, which can't be done, to the best of my knowledge.
In response to Popisfizzy
Isn't wiz_chat accessable by telnet, though?
Popisfizzy wrote:
You'd have to install Dream Seeker on the DS, which can't be done, to the best of my knowledge.

You can access byond games VIA telnet without byond.. i think..
In response to Gumshoe
Oh, yea. I think some programs made on Byond are accessible via telnet (I don't know if it's all. I never really looked into it). If it is possible, then I suppose you could.
If you would like i just setup a quick little test with telnet it is working fine hosting with byond to join here is the link

IP = athk.inoxx.net

Port = 80

telnet command

open athk.inoxx.net 80
I don't think Runescape would be able to play too well on the DS, not to mention you need to install Java on it.

Off topic: Are you Hikato?
In response to CaptFalcon33035
Did you just read what I said? They don't have Java Support just yet, but newer versions might if Nintendo agrees to such.
Runescape isn't that resource intensive of a game anyways, considering I used to play it on a P75
In response to A.T.H.K
I think pictionary would be pretty sweet on a DS XD
1 answer javascript mario search it and find the game and you wont be bored to often its a japenese game made by some person thats mario but runs on javascript and considering the ds has a expensive movie player just port all the google movies to that and just watch them from there
In response to Atomic1fire
I saw Javascript Lemmings once. It was awesome.

Unfortunately the owner was forced to remove it from his site. Copyright infringement. :-(
In response to Crispy
Do you know how they will release the browser? cart? or you just download it when trying to access wi-fi and it installs?
In response to A.T.H.K
Runs off DS cart + GBA cart with ram inside it. Will be sold in stores
In response to Critical
I heard there will be two version...
Ds Lite Opera
DS (Phat) Opera