ID:184862

I've been trying to install and run BYOND under Fedora Core 5, on a laptop I've got recently. It installs fine - I extract it in /home/james (I use the account 'james' most of the time), su root, and run make install. It spits out all the lines, no errors, but it refuses to run. If I attempt to run, say DreamMaker, it spits out the following error:

"DreamMaker: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

"libstdc++.so.6" is a file in /usr/lib.

Any ideas on how to get BYOND running?
You need to edit the LIBRARY_PATH (or something of that sort) in the Makefile to match the location of your /usr/lib stuff (I think it uses the older /lib method).
In response to Nadrew
Uhh use the search button? there are a few posts and fixxes on this

http://developer.byond.com/forum/ index.cgi?action=message_read&id=290347&forum=7&view=1#29034 7
In response to Nadrew
I had a look at the Makefile, and altered LIBRARY_PATH from /usr/local/lib to /usr/lib, ran make install again, tried to run DreamMaker, same error. I also, just for the hell of it, tried /lib - same error.
In response to A.T.H.K
Downloading the file provided my Mike H in the thread that you linked to, and putting it in my lib directory has fixed the problem. Thanks.
In response to Jp
No problem ive searched for that file a few times always end up at mike h's post.