ID:184957

For anyone who likes a concept sort of like Dance Dance Revolution, try out Guitar Hero for the PS2. If you haven't heard of it, you basicly have a guitar as your controller and you jam to about 60 songs. Also when you mishit a key the song actually gets butchered ^^. Even if it does not sound interesting check it out. It is quite entertaining.
Yeah, I might get Guitar Hero. It looks cool, and there are some songs that I would want to jam to. The thing is I want to finish my DDR record. I'm trying to be a good player at it. I've mastered everything except some Heavy and Challenge songs and I only got it like 4 months ago. By the way, how much is the game with the controller? And is it two player?
I dont like rock music at all or that Heavy Metal stuff but one day when I went to a store there was a Guitar hero demo so I played it. I got to say it was pretty cool, I just did not know how to hold the guitar at first. I wouldnt buy it because I dont like the music but if you do like that kind of music I also recommend checking it out.

->Calus CoRPS<-
In response to Blakdragon77
If you wanna wait around, there is a second one coming out that is supposed to have a lot more stuff in it.

If you don't wanna wait around...the current one is about 70 bucks with the controller.
In response to Aegiris
Whoa! 70 bucks? Thats 70 times my budget...
Me and my friend play this game, it's awsome.
I have been playing DDR for like 3 years, and I am very good at that, and then Guitar Hero came out and I got it! It's so awsome, Guitar Hero 2 is coming out pretty soon also.

GET IT, TRY IT, NOW!
In response to Blakdragon77
It is quite worth it. It is 2 players and even if you only like a few songs on it, you are bound to find news ones to love.
In response to Tazor07
No it isn't worth it. All the controller is, is a over-sized, over-priced controller with more buttons on it, in the shape of a guitar. And its made out of cheap plastic.

Now if it actully had like, you know, strings and stuff on it, that would be different, it might be more intresting, especally if they taught you how to actully play a guitar.

All it is, is a expensive version of Parapa the Rapper. Hit the buttons in the right order kind of deal.

Terrible game.
In response to Shades
No, that's not all it is. It can detect the angle you're holding it at too! *GASP!* (at least according to a magazine I read a while back)
In response to Shades
Shades wrote:
No it isn't worth it. All the controller is, is a over-sized, over-priced controller with more buttons on it, in the shape of a guitar. And its made out of cheap plastic.

Now if it actully had like, you know, strings and stuff on it, that would be different, it might be more intresting, especally if they taught you how to actully play a guitar.

All it is, is a expensive version of Parapa the Rapper. Hit the buttons in the right order kind of deal.

Terrible game.

It would be cool if it used a midi guitar as the controller and you had to actually play certain licks. That would be awesome.
In response to JMT
Yeah well I played it and I didn't notice anything like that. What would be the differance anyways? Your only pressing buttons. It isn't like your playing real strings.
In response to Ebonshadow
Ebonshadow wrote:
It would be cool if it used a midi guitar as the controller and you had to actually play certain licks. That would be awesome.

True, but then they close their market to only those who can actually play the guitar.
In response to DarkCampainger
DarkCampainger wrote:
Ebonshadow wrote:

True, but then they close their market to only those who can actually play the guitar.

Not necessarily. They coulduse it as a learning tool for beginner guitarists. You could have fun playing a game and actually be doing something useful at the same time.
In response to DarkCampainger
DarkCampainger wrote:
Ebonshadow wrote:

By doing what they're doing now, they close their market to those who play guitar :[ (By which I mean, I'm sure as heck not playing with that doofy controller.)
In response to Ebonshadow
Well the thing is if you miss a note the song cuts out that guitar note. It's not like the whole song plays even if you miss a note, you could potentially butcher the song. When you rock the guitar you enter like a special mode which earns more points and your character does tricks with the guitar. Also, I would say that your are learning how to move your fingers around a guitar quicker which would improve your dexterity when really playing one.

The controller is $20. The game is $50. So the controller is really inexpensive.