ID:184998

Every once and awhile we see someone come up with a post about how BYOND is doing terrible and it is slowly going down the drain and it won't last much longer unless something is done.

Then they usually turn around and blame something like a Dragonball Z game, or another game they dislike.

Guys, I have been here for years, and let me tell you something, BYOND has only been getting better. When I first started coming here on my old key, there might have only been half of the games and members they we do have today. The software, games and community as a whole have been doing nothing but getting better as we grow.

Some of you have been complaining about the fan games too. I don't understand why, they don't force you to play these games, and they are not hurting anyone at all. As a matter of fact, some of these games may actully be HELPING Byond.

A good example is DBGT2, a fan based Dragonball Z game for BYOND. It has been buying memberships for their players since BYOND has started to offer these services to people and in their own little way has been helping and supporting BYOND.

And if we suddenly got rid of all of the fan games, guess what, that has got to be at least 30% or more of the BYOND members here.

Remeber, this is BYOND, where you BUILD YOUR OWN NET DREAM. Not Daves Net Dream, or Aarons Net Dream. Just because you don't like something or agree with something does not mean other people do not enjoy those games. So next time you harrass a communit or players just because you don't like the fact that they are there, or you don't agree with their game, think about it. Would you want someone doing that to your server? It is really very disrespectful.

Remeber as we get closer to BYOND 4.0 more and more options will be coming to us, including allowing use to filter out games you dislike. So just deal with it and let the people have their fun.
Thank you for that, good thought out speach Shades.
In response to Sniper Joe
Sniper Joe wrote:
Thank you for that, good thought out speach Shades.

And it dosen't even have any swear words or even directly flames anyone. I don't know whats happening to me.

You know this will end in nothing but a big flame war anyways. There are always going to be people who think, that if they don't like something, it has not right to exist.
Ha ha ha, Dave's Net Dream. =D

DND sounds pretty cool actually.
In response to Elation
Something tells me this is directed to me. :P
In response to Shades
Shades wrote:
And it dosen't even have any swear words or even directly flames anyone. I don't know whats happening to me.
Yeah. Happened to me once. I believe it was called, "maturity".

You know this will end in nothing but a big flame war anyways.
I wouldn't know. Maybe it'll turn out okay.

There are always going to be people who think, that if they don't like something, it has not right to exist.
I have but one thing to say:
del world

=P
In response to Elation
"DND sounds pretty cool actually."

Yeah, it sounds cooler when you are using it to describe what originally adopted the acronym. >_>
Okay, let me be the first to say this. WTF, bad day? Seriously this is a misplaced rant. People have the right to voice their opinion about disliking anothers game even though their opinion is uninformed and their not going to change it either due to this "post". Nice effort though =D.
For this once, I fully agree with you. BYOND is not drowning as everyone thinks, it's rather climbing higher and higher.

That big argue about fan-games should stop, inmediatly prefered. People may build their own net dream here - it's what BYOND is designed for. It's not Destroy Others' Net Dream. For everyone's sake, quite bragging about fan-games - they're not harming you so let them be.

O-matic
In response to O-matic
They harm me emotionally and thats a pain that NO doctor and cure *sob*, just out of curiosiy how many of the DBZ fanatics do you think are BYOND members? 5 okay thats being generous but seriously? Losing them from our community wouldn't be a big deal and i'm sure there would be much rejoicing... The members all 5 of them can stay. Though we have to wag our fingers at them ocassionally to show em who's boss.

Edit: Ever notice why DBZ games don't have ranks? exactly. (No offense to DBTC that game rules)
Edit 2:Wow nevermind, boy am i ignorant,(least i admit it) half of them are decently ranked O.o... guess were keeping the DBZers..
In response to Android Data
Rofl Nice speach Shades your right people may not like some games and they like tell everyone byond is gunna drown in these games the person dont like and blah blah blah but what if someone did that to their game...They Wouldent LIKE IT

hmm im not good with speaches and this is pretty much going no-where

LATER

-=-VolksBlade-=-
No, Shades. You're helping byond going down. Then, again, that's in my opinion.

I'll see God (,or Lucifer for that matter), when DBz gets their own category in the 'Games Live' section.
In response to Mysame
In response to Mysame
Mysame wrote:
No, Shades. You're helping byond going down. Then, again, that's in my opinion.

If that is your opinion, why didn't you say "No, Shades. I think you're helping BYOND going down."

It was an opinion so it should not be stated as fact.

Shades: You are right, but I don't think it is worth the effort to complain about people complaining about the end of BYOND, just like time prove them wrong, that'll show'em.
In response to Scoobert
Scoobert wrote:
Shades: You are right, but I don't think it is worth the effort to complain about people complaining about the end of BYOND, just like time prove them wrong, that'll show'em.

4.0 will most likely show that BYOND is climbing, and not falling.

O-matic
In response to O-matic
Uh... wondering... can't people actually use the Fangame channel? I mean, come on... everyone can see it...
In response to RedlineM203
RedlineM203 wrote:
Uh... wondering... can't people actually use the Fangame channel? I mean, come on... everyone can see it...
People can. But being able to and actually doing it is a whole different thing; the FanGames.DBZ channel is riddled with possible competitors to theirs, as well as being fully hidden from the hub.

They should make it visible again. Maybe then more people will use it. I'll gladly trade 20 games off of the Unpublished Games list for one entry leading to FanGames.DBZ y'know.
In response to Android Data
Android Data wrote:
Yeah. Happened to me once. I believe it was called, "maturity".

Funny.
In response to PirateHead
PirateHead wrote:
Funny.

HOSTILITY'D
In response to Scoobert
Actually, an opinion is something that you can't really prove to be right or wrong where as a fact, you can prove it to be right or wrong. It doesn't matter how you state it.

In the sense that they were speaking, you cannot prove that he is ruining the community, or "making BYOND go down." However, if we were talking "Shades is teh uber 1337 hax0rz" and was actually trying to pull the system down, then we'd be able to prove it.
Page: 1 2