ID:185004

I bought and installed a new video card about three weeks ago, specifically it's an ATI Radeon 9550 for the AGP slot. For the first 2 weeks or so it worked just fine, but a few days ago it randomly started making the monitor display go haywire while performing normal usage (internet (mainly BYOND)), then the software informed me that the hardware wasn't responding and I had to reboot each time for it to work again. About an hour ago, it actually just stopped responding then my monitor displayed the "No Signal" box and turned off. I rebooted and now it works fine. I went to ATI's website, located my product, and went to the warranty service request page, and it said that my hardware doesn't need to be sent in for various reasons, where this particularly falls into I believe would be "random system hangs" though I'm not entirely sure what that means. Anyways, I went into their "KNOWLEDGEBASE" and tried to find something relevant, but with no luck. Any ideas as to how to diagnose a more accurate problem and/or fix it?
The card could be doing a number of things.
It could be failing, if it is, I suggest RMAing it.

Check the temperatures! The card might have fried itself out.

Make sure that the card is properly installed in the motherboard.
-----
Also, maybe it's your motherboard. I've heard of several stories where the motherboard simply didn't like certain video cards...
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
RMAing?

It's properly installed, my motherboard is compliant, and I don't know how to check the temperature.
In response to Artemio
Returning the merchandise... of course only if you have a warantee on the thing, which you probably do.
It's beginning to happen more frequently, and it's really annoying. I noticed that while I was playing music, this happened and the music stopped, so I'm beginning to think that this may not just be a video card problem. Any idea as to what it could be?
In response to Artemio
Make sure your power supply is pumping enough juice to power everything, I've had problems on older systems with weak power supplies where using one thing that caused the power to spike beyond its limits you'd start having random device outages and wonky system behavior.