ID:185017

So far I've read the Microsoft Windows XP partitioning guide, and downloaded programs such as Paragon Partition Manager. For some reason, PPM won't let me create partitions, and the partitioning guide doesn't match with my OS even though it says it does. I was wondering, how would I create a 10GB partition for installing Debian linux on? This computer has no floppy drive so I'll have to use the CD/DVD drive if needed.
WIth unbuntu and i think most linux setup cds there is a function to create a partition on the hardrive? i know my cd has it.
In response to A.T.H.K
My SuSE Linux has that ability as well. I'm pretty sure you can partition your harddrive through right-clicking My Computer and hitting Manage. Something about partitioning should be in there.

Or, you can get Partition Magic. That seems to be a really popular partitioning software.
In response to CaptFalcon33035
When I repartitioned my hard drive so that I could put linux on it, I used a tool called 'FIPS'.

It non-destructively snipped the end off of the single partition I had, and then I used the partitioning tool that came with the linux install CDs to repartition that empty space.

You could try looking up FIPS.
Well, like an idiot, I tried to figure out the Debian partitioner and ended up erasing my Windows partition, so I reinstalled Windows and now I really don't care about having a Linux distro anymore. :/