ID:185065

BYOND Version: public beta 3.5

Operating System: windows xp

Web Browser: firefox

Game/Hub(s): hub://

Detailed Problem Description: I used to be able to host games and have people join them, now i can only host games in single user modes. This all started after installed and then later deleted norton antivirus on my computer.
Nortons completely gone and now no matter what i do, i cant host again, help me please!

p.s my firewall allows byond and i dont think i have a router because i have dial up

p.p.s i know this might not belong on the developers forum but ive tried every forum and even emailed byond staff with no help given to me, sorry for posting this here but please help me im desperate, page me if you can help.

I havent been able to host for months!

Code Snippet to Reproduce Problem:

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? every single time

In other games? all games

On other computers? no

In other user accounts? yes
If you have dial-up, then likely most hosting is beyond you anyway. Dial-up doesn't have nearly the bandwidth you need to host anything.

The question I have is, which firewall are you running, and in what way is it configured to allow BYOND access?

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
i can host and have been able to host and i dont care that its laggy for people because i have been able to host before and the only reason i want to again is so on certain games i can multikey without having to deal with other people.

i have a windows firewall and when i used byond it asked me to block or unblock byond and i chose unblock it but i dont know whats going on anymore, this has something to do with norton antivirus and no matter how many times i delete byond and redownload it it just wont fix itself...

please help me