ID:185176

I'm in my computer science class and we are learning about objects, int and strings. We are actually writing programs for them and I finished them in about 1 minute and a realized how close these BYOND and C++ are. Here is my C++ code

#include "ccc_win.h"

int ccc_win_main()
{
Point p(1,3);
Point q(4,7);
Line s(p,q);
cwin << s;

return 0;
}

The include command is the same in byond, are the other commands in BYOND too?

We are going to learn if statements next class and that will be a cinch if it's the same for BYOND :)
They are simular, as most programming langauges are. There are some large differences in variables though. Variables get me in C++, all the different types for the same job. I understand what most of them do, and where they are apropreat, but I like the good old var/anything style.
Yeah, I learned C++ first and DM was so much easier than it would've been... However, the language Java, which is similar to C++ in some respects, is much more akin to DM, in it's object-orientedness and the object (class) tree idea.
// Java
for(x=0; x<11; ++x)
{
counter++;
System.out.println("Counter:" + counter);
}

// C++
for(x=0; x<11; ++x)
{
counter++;
cout << "Counter:" + counter;
}

// DM
for(x=0; x<11; ++x) { counter++; world<<"Counter: [counter]"; }

Yes, They are close. For some things, they are essentially the same. If you have had Java, it is easier to learn DM, and vice versa (It's the vice versa option for me).

--Vito
Well, it's not hard to believe considering most widely used languages nowadays are based off C.