ID:185304

New Info?

Clicky
I'm not sure how much of that is new info. I mean from the start they've been talking about how the Revolution will be about interface.

I don't really like reading the stuff on that site. I'm really looking forward to the Revolution but they remind me of that UMD fansite that just doesn't get that the UMD isn't the mega media format it wanted to be.
They don't even try to spin the bad stuff, they just refuse to believe that it's bad. 'Great news everybody, Sony is cutting back on UMD movies'.
I've got the feeling Revolution Fanboy will still be reporting these sorts of stories even if the Revolution falls flat on it's face (which is a real possibility). I don't want them getting my hopes up by suggesting a Transformers Revolution game when there's nothing solid suggesting that.
Okay, I just had to delete the rest of the thread because certain people started flaming each other for no apparent reason. Please don't do it again; I'm getting pretty tired of all the pointless console wars around here. If you want to have a civil discussion, great; but please stop insulting each other, and please stop overreacting to minor insults. Thank you.
I don't care for a lot of these articles on this page. This is truely a fanboy page. All of this information has been around for quite some time already.

Not to mention that controller mockup is stupid as hell. Nintendo has already said there will be NO touch screen on the NintendoR controller. As a matter of fact, all the idiot did was cut out the A and B button and paste a picture in.

What we haven't seen yet is the underside of the NintendoR controller, which is supposed to have a trigger and perhaps 2 more buttons.

As for the Sony PS2 being turned into a NintendoR killer. Come on, anone with half a brain would know that is incorrect. While the NintendoR is supposed to be under powered compaired to the PS3 and Xbox 360 Nintendo has already stated that it would still have more kick then the gamecube. So one accessiore is supposed to have the PS2 out do the NintendoR? Yeah ok.

Another thing is the problem with the Flash Memory instead of a Hardrive. Come on man. Flash Memory is Cheaper and you can easily fit up to 4GBs on a Sony Pro Duo. I am sure Nintendo is making their own form of flash memory so that they will have a cheap and inexpensive form of memory that still fits into the hardware speculation. I mean come on, how much space do you actully need on a home video game system? I think 12GBs on the Xbox was pushing it.

I subsribe to Nitnendo Power and I keep up to date with sources I trust. I don't really like or trust this site.
In response to Shades
Shades wrote:
I think 12GBs on the Xbox was pushing it.

12?! I've only ever came accross 8GBs and 10GBs. But yes, I will agree with you. When the xbox's hard drive was used like it was ment to be, 8-10GBs was over board. But if you modded it and put it to use for roms and game rips it just isnt enough.
In response to Shades
Shades wrote:
What we haven't seen yet is the underside of the NintendoR controller, which is supposed to have a trigger and perhaps 2 more buttons.

You haven't seen it? Its been seen for a while.

Or go here for a closer look.
In response to Mecha Destroyer JD
Oke, will there be a secondary controller, because after taking a close look at that....Well, i've never seen anything like it, that's all i have to say. I've been a nintendo fan for too long and they repay me with a small, thin remote controller with 3 buttons in a D-Pad all in one narrow position(With a B trigger on the back), i'm sorry, i don't see how i could play anything like Metriod Prime or Zelda with that. I'm not that optimistic about the new controller.

*Prays for an Alternate*

Because i might have to pass on the console altogether if they don't have one..(Already short on cash as it is, i can only afford one next gen system).
In response to T-4112
they have already stated that there will be controllers simular looking to the gamecube ones as alternatives... you have to buy them though.
In response to T-4112
T-4112 wrote:
Oke, will there be a secondary controller, because after taking a close look at that....Well, i've never seen anything like it, that's all i have to say. I've been a nintendo fan for too long and they repay me with a small, thin remote controller with 3 buttons in a D-Pad all in one narrow position(With a B trigger on the back), i'm sorry, i don't see how i could play anything like Metriod Prime or Zelda with that. I'm not that optimistic about the new controller.

Well you'd have to be a little crazy to think that Nintendo is just gonna wing it; they have some kind of plan behind all of it. Anyways, it would be easy to play any of those games using the analog attachment and/or the gamecube shell(Note: The pic is a concept). From what I've heard, the analog attachment will come with the system..

Image hosting by Photobucket

In response to T-4112
Quality post there.

By ".......", you probably meant "Ye gads- why did I ever doubt Nintendo? Now I must leave, for I have repent my blasphemy!".
In response to Elation
TSB lol wtf no xd.

I was wondering what they were trying to do with the remote, it's like they cramp'd it inside a Gamecube controller so it would feel more like you're playing the gamecube?

lol I'unno.
In response to T-4112
T-4112 wrote:
TSB lol wtf no xd.

I was wondering what they were trying to do with the remote, it's like they cramp'd it inside a Gamecube controller so it would feel more like you're playing the gamecube?

lol I'unno.

The Revolution is backward compatible..So it plays GC discs(The Rev discs are said to be standard size) along with downloadable versions of the other Nintendo consoles..0_0 But like I said, its a concept design..

P.S. what is "TSB"?
No actully the NintendoR actully has I believe 4 standard NCG ports on it for normal NCG games.

I like that concept design though, it shows developers don't HAVE to go with the wireless idea concept, but just go for a much more normal game expieranace. I also suspect that if you want to, you could use the normal NCG controller if they support it in that game.