In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
The fact that 0.1% people are refunding within DAYS of the refund policy coming out should be a cry for help.

Actually, that's taken as a good thing. There's obviously going to be a peak of refunds following the announcement since there's a new, shiny refund button, and I find it hilariously consistent with your posts in this thread that you assumed the opposite. I'm surprised you've managed to linger this long on the forums and have yet to be given the boot by any mods, honestly. You've shown to be nothing more than a mix of sour toxicity and ridiculousness.
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
And the fact that you're using DM for this game instead of a sensible language is just outrageous. Relying on buggy BYOND webclient instead of reliable sources... that's just asking for disaster.

Why are you here, again?
In response to Writing A New One
The peak of refunds will not be immediately after announcement. You think people use refund button BECAUSE THEY CAN? What? Do you go to the store and buy things you don't want to refund them... BECAUSE YOU CAN? I went to the store and bought 10 pairs of shoes... to refund them. Because that makes all the sense in the world. Because that's exactly what you're suggesting.

I mean, if you're looking for some REAL criticism on their game, you do realize that there's no real benefit to funding this early because they've made the kickstarter backer price THE EXACT SAME as their intended store price, right?

I'm surprised you've managed to linger this long on the forums and have yet to be given the boot by any mods, honestly. You've shown to be nothing more than a mix of sour toxicity and ridiculousness.

We're banning negativity now? I'm looking at the posting guidelines and I don't see any violations. I'm not attacking Chance and Co. personally, I'm attacking their game and reminding them not to get their hopes up. I'm not spamming or trolling, clearly. And it's all SFW. So I don't know what your problem is.

Why are you here, again?

I didn't realize that realism was unwelcome here.
In response to SilkWizard
SilkWizard wrote:
It's really the exact same scenario as when Steam introduced their calamitous Paid MODs policy in April. That rollout was completely botched, and the policy itself was half-baked and full of opportunities for abuse.
I've been shocked by how unprepared Valve has been to answer even simple questions/complaints about the system. Just like with the Paid MODs system, it's almost as if the people who came up with the new refund system never sat down and had a serious discussion about what might go wrong.

Given Valve's history with customer service, this might just be par for the course. TotalBiscuit pointed out a few interesting details a few days ago. To summarize, here's an image of Beyond Gravity's sales before and after Steam refunds were introduced.

It looks really bad, doesn't it? What's actually going on is this data is being shown out of context. The graph is presented in a way which makes it seem like the game had a lot of sales, dropping off when the refund policy was introduced. The reality is the game was on sale from 5/25 to 6/01, ending on the day the graph shows a sharp decline in sales. That day also coincides with the launch of Steam's refund policy.
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
ROTMG ripoff

lol
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
It looks really bad, doesn't it? What's actually going on is this data is being shown out of context.

Thanks for the link, that was a great video. I can't believe that the Beyond Gravity devs were so deceptive about that. I don't ever recall seeing that team posting on the Steam Dev boards, so I'm assuming that they just put out that image as some sort of stupid marketing ploy for their game. That graph represents an incredibly poor showing for any type of discounted sale (especially for a $2 game); I guess that they don't have anything to lose.
I'm not even going to bother reading all of this, but let me say one thing.

If a lot of people are refunding your game, then consider the following. It's a bad game and people don't like it. Make a better game next time and it wont get as many people asking for refunds.
In response to The Magic Man
The Magic Man wrote:
If a lot of people are refunding your game, then consider the following. It's a bad game and people don't like it. Make a better game next time and it wont get as many people asking for refunds.

This is exactly what I was thinking.
In response to The Magic Man
The Magic Man wrote:
I'm not even going to bother reading all of this, but let me say one thing.

The problem is you only get 2 hours to decide, and you have to play the game within 2 weeks of purchase. Sometimes people buy games and stick them on the backburner to play after they've finished the ones they're playing now (so you don't have like 200 games installed at once).

Not to mention this now encourages "developers" (the scam artists) the only have to make the first 2 hours of the game interesting, and this can be achieved through "stalling tactics". And it means we're still trying to rate games on how long we play them. Portal, One Way Heroics, and (pick any visual novel game) are all games that can easily be "finished" within 2 hours. Then you just refund. The developer gets no money despite making engaging material because you burned through it and got it for free.
In response to Lugia319
If I buy a game, I'm probably going to play it within the next two weeks. Why buy a game you're not even going to play?

As for stalling tactics, the refund policy makes exceptions. It's just an automated process if you owned the game less than 2 weeks and played less than 2 hours. You can get refunds outside of this but need an actual reason for it, and I'm pretty sure "stalling tactics" would be a good enough reason.
Besides, if a developer tries to artificially lengthen their game, I'll just stop playing and get a refund.

As for those games you listed. They have this little thing called replayability. Sure they can be completed in less than 2 hours, but they're fun to replay over and over again, or you can play through them multiple times.

Honestly, if someone just doesn't want to keep playing a game after 2 hours, the game is at fault here, not the person playing it.
I think luigia is just trying to promote his zeta rip.
In response to Master rla
Don't know this luigia fellow you're talking about Kappa

I don't have a zeta rip. I don't work with BYOND anymore because Unity, RPG Maker, and Python are so much better. There's better community interaction and the language has better resources. DM is fine and all, but it's not a platform I would personally use because my interest is in the sciences, not MUD.
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
RPG Maker

lol ive seen a lot of shots fired at DM but calling it worse than RPG maker is probably the lowest blow ive ever seen
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Lugia319 wrote:
RPG Maker

lol ive seen a lot of shots fired at DM but calling it worse than RPG maker is probably the lowest blow ive ever seen

I actually find RPG Maker pretty easy to work with. But maybe it's just my experience with rom hacks coming in.
RPG Maker is flexible, too. If you're good with Ruby, you can customize features for XP and VX Ace.
I refunded GTA V after owning it since launch day on steam.
There are too many paragraphs here,

my eyes hurt.
In response to Master rla
What he said.
You clearly need more furry in your kickstarter, for example:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ ask-jam-peaches-cream-let-s-print-miu-s-books
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
You clearly need more furry in your kickstarter, for example:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ ask-jam-peaches-cream-let-s-print-miu-s-books

Well, you can't argue with numbers like that.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5