ID:185426

Yes, yes, not many people care, this concerns a game inwhich genre is DBZ, stop reading now if you do not actually care.

-Edit-
Wasn't quite sure where this topic would go under, o pleae forgive me if this is wrong.
-End Edit-

Even though this is a DBZ game, it's ripped off of another which happens to be ranked #5 on BYOND, which was completely earned, and damn good for how DBZ games are viewed on BYOND. In this ripped game, the info even states it's ripped, it's asking to be delt with. The game being a victim here is Clan DBGT2, the attacker is "Dragonball Legendary". Click here to see their Hub and find out for yourself. It states, "This game is based on a clan dbgt 2 source!", and no one here enjoys games being ripped, I know I don't, especially since it's a game I enjoy helping. The only thing I ask is for action to be taken, obviously since being ranked #5 means we're trying our deep best to make it in BYOND and set a new example for DBZ game, to give them another chance to what an actual coded from scratch game can do.

If nothing can be done, I'd atleast like to be informed of why not, because thats the feeling I get will be taken here. If actions do prove to be in CDBGT2's favor, then I thank you for listening and helping us out to grow even higher.

-Spike.
In response to Elation
I already e-mailed them with something concerning music and the new version, don't wanna seem like a bother y'know. <<'
In response to SSJ3Spike
It's no bother. They probably delete your messages on sight anyway*.

* Not really.
In response to Elation
That's so mean.. Thusly why I posted it here(So I know if they ignored/deleted it or not). :P

Plus, I'm waiting for Nadrew so I can spam him on MSN. Buhahaha.
It's a good idea. Ripped games should not be allowed in the Top Ranked Games.
In response to Nyck
""It's a good idea. Ripped games should not be allowed in the Top Ranked Games.""

I totally agree with you plus i don't think zeta rips should be in unpublished nor in top ranked i think they should be in the Crap section which no one can access there is only i few good DBZ games out there the only one i played for like 2 hours was DBTC the graphics made it look a bit poor but it beats any DBZ on byond
In response to A.T.H.K
Thats the point though, while you can try and help control ranks, you are not the only user here, and while you may not enjoy a game, others will, and thats how the rank will go up or down.

Deal with it.
In response to Shades
Yea but i don't wanna :P
In response to A.T.H.K
While that'd be a fun thing to think about, the problem boils down to questions like these...

Who's to decide if one game is a rip and another isn't?
How much must be taken?
What things are considered "rip" material? Ideas, icons, source? Would demos count?
What would this do to console fangames, where the point of some of them is to emulate the original?
How would a "rip judge" know what to look for and compare? If a support form is given out for them, what will that do about people playing revenge or using it for unprovable accusations?

That's a reason why the Byond staff isn't supposed to police individual games. All of those questions can be answered with "We don't have to worry about that" and a hands-off approach.
In response to Sarm
Well, evience enough can be that on the Hub, it states, "This game is based on a clan dbgt 2 source!" So... Yeah. I just don't like others using my friends source, obviously it's a good game if it's made #5 on BYOND. Now if this was Seika, I'm sure everyone would jump at this, right? Right.
In response to SSJ3Spike
No. Seika is kind of.. dead, regardless most people don't care much about it anymore.