Quick notes after trying to use the web client for a few minutes, probably 1,000 more issues I didn't get around to:
- client.view is ignored for world.view
- over 9,000 layering issues
- maptext issues, possibly specific to my outline system, didn't investigate
- performance issues in Box Zombies, though HU ran fine
- Rendering distance issues, causing buildings to disappear
- graphical loading issues, causing the world to pop in as you walk around
- You can't get parameters from multiple interface controls in a single winget(), broke my login and register systems
- Need an option to disable the byond login popup, though this problem is likely specific to Box Zombies, so understandable its missing.
- HU didn't seem to load interface macros/controls, making the game unplayable
- HU had an issue with the right click menu, showing mob/Player/Add_Friend() on /turfs
- Probably other stuff I forgot
On a vaguely positive note, the web client version of HU seemed to run a lot smoother than the seeker version, almost as smoothly as a local single player instance of the game, though that probably means something still needs improving/fixing in seeker's networking. And the web client has AA, which makes it look a bit better, though that's likely just because its running in a software mode equivalent (causes similar performance issues in Box Zombies).
While we're on the subject of just how amazing BYOND is, check out this recap of the most played "original" games currently on the main page