ID:185436

I'm using Windows XP Home SP2, just installed it from a system recovery disc. Pre-recovery, the audio drivers worked just fine. This install, however, has many problems. I've been searching for a solution for hours, but I can't
seem to find an answer.

So, here's my problem. My multimedia audio controller driver doesn't have any software installed for it, and so I tried to update the driver. It begins to install Vinyl AC'97 Codec Combo Driver, and then it stops and asks me to locate a file called ksuser.dll. I looked around, couldn't find it, then I found the DirectX 9 download site. I downloaded that, rebooted, same problem.
I then found the actual dll file, downloaded it, placed it in C:\WINDOWS\system, then selected it on updating the driver. It now asks for ksproxy.ax. I do the same process of downloading and placing, and then it asks me for ks.
sys. Did the same thing with that.
After that, I get this alert-

I click "Yes", then it says it can't find drmk.sys. I can't find drmk.sys up for download, and I figure if I did it'd just continue on with a huge list of files I eventually couldn't individually find and download. Any ideas?

edit: Contuining, I need these files (x indicates I've found it)-
kmixer.sys
aec.sys
MSPQM.sys
splitter.sys

drmk.sys (x)
portcls.sys (x)
stream.sys (x)
wdmaud.drv (x)
MSPCLOCK.sys (x)
MSKSSRV.sys (x)
sysaudio.sys (x)