ID:185540

dude all new xbox 360 are all glitched up
Dont buy one
(what do you expect, its Microsoft :P)

I like my 360, its going just great now that I took the cover off of it so it doesn't overheat. XD
In response to Mechanios
Doesn't removing the cover void the warranty? =/
In response to Detnom
I think the cover is removable.
In response to Popisfizzy
Uh yea, thx to the new style covers..
In response to Lou
Yea, I'm waiting for second generation people who bought first generation will have to buy another in a year when it breaks down like the original X-box, sad but true.
In response to Popisfizzy
Oh, okay. Guess I forgot to consider that an option. Haven't really been following the 360. My bad, haha.
Uhm, hurray for listening to the media? You sux. My 360 hasn't had any problems yet, and it's on 18 hours a day. And if your XBOX malfunctions, return it, get a new one. It's as simple as that.
In response to Mechanios
If you had to take off the cover, there's a problem with it. Simple as that.
In response to Darkdemonrad
Yeah, Microsoft go over the top with their Consoles.

My XBOX's hard drive wiped and I had it fixed.

And like you are saying the 360 overheats. I never played it but like the topic poster, he found it on the news.
In response to Crashed
Yeah but thats part of the problem if you ask me.

Both Xbox and the Sony Playstation lines ALWAYS seem to have problems when they first ship out. From the bad lasers in the PS2, to dust under the screens, bad case cuts and dead pixels.

My friend got a Xbox when it first came out, the Xbox froze up and he gave it a slap on the side of the case. And suddenly you heard all this grinding sounds and now when ever he turns it on, if you play it for more then 10 mins smoke pours out of the exaust vents. I was there when it happened, he didn't hit it hard at all, and when my NGC falls off the table from a 4ft drop onto a wooden floor and survives, I would expect my xbox to survive a slap.

Now you could argue the dead pixel thing, but when I pay $250 for something, it better damn well come perfect out of the box.

And the Xbox 360 is no exception. People are still paying stupid prices for a system that just came out and has a terrible game line. When someone pays $300-500.00 for a Xbox 360, it should be coming out of that box perfect.

Granted not every person is going to get a Xbox 360 that over heats, starts on fire, crashes all the time or freezes up, but theres going to be alot of people who will get Xbox 360s like that. And they SHOULDNT.

What happened to having quality merchandies and good workman ship? I can honestly tell you that not only are most Nintendo Products built like a brick, but there are much less manufactoring errors and mess ups then Sony and Microsft.

I believe the only thing for the Gamecube was that some of the pots on the lasers were set really really low. Which isn't a big deal to begin with unless your into pirateing games.
In response to Shades
Shades wrote:
Both Xbox and the Sony Playstation lines ALWAYS seem to have problems when they first ship out. From the bad lasers in the PS2, to dust under the screens, bad case cuts and dead pixels.

Hmmm... my PS2 seems to be packing up now. Some games don't run no matter how many times you use that Game Doctor thing.

Burnout 3 for example. I wanted to play that for a while now.
I don't know the problem but I had it for 2 years or so.
In response to Shades
I heard in some of the 360s there is a problem with the chip that tells the system its getting hot, causing a lot of them to over heat and ruin the games. Is this true?
In response to RedlineM203
RedlineM203 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Hmmm... my PS2 seems to be packing up now. Some games don't run no matter how many times you use that Game Doctor thing.

Burnout 3 for example. I wanted to play that for a while now.
I don't know the problem but I had it for 2 years or so.

If its the orginal PS2, from like, the first shipment of PS2, the laser might need to be replaced. I read that PS2 lasers are cheap, even in the newer models.

The PSTwo are also having problems, there are no fans on the units, and they can over heat really quick and easy.

Derekjeterisgod wrote:
I heard in some of the 360s there is a problem with the chip that tells the system its getting hot, causing a lot of them to over heat and ruin the games. Is this true?

Could be as true as the Sony PSP shooting out the UMD disks out of the disk drive [which is true BTW!].

I mean, the games are a cd or dvd based media, so they are cheap, any way you cut them.

But on an average ammount of use, my Xbox can reach up to 198 degrees [I have a modded system, and the system temp is shown on the dash board.]

A Xbox or Xbox 360 unit, that is messed up, and over heating, if it reaches too much of a point, of course it could ruin the games. Think of it like putting a CD in a toaster oven. That cant be good can it?
In response to Shades
I NGC dropped from 2 feet off the ground and broke.

My XBOX and PS2 have survived lots of droppings, and never had any problems.

I guess it's just coincidence.
In response to Zaole
Zaole wrote:
I NGC dropped from 2 feet off the ground and broke.

My XBOX and PS2 have survived lots of droppings, and never had any problems.

I guess it's just coincidence.

My first NGC was left by a window when it was raining, the tray filled up with water, when I got up the next day, I had to tip the NGC upside down, and pour the water out. I let it dry and it worked just fine, except the internal battery for the clock was ruined.

Then a year or so back, I rented a NGC from a local place and swapped systems [I didnt want to open my NGC up and void the warrenty!].

Since then that NGC has fallen off two tables, with hard floors and havent had any problems at all.

Now my Xbox, PS2, NDS and PSP all work just fine, they came as I expected them to. But my friend had to return 2 PS2s when they first launched because of the DVD drive read error and a bad laser, and he had to return 4 Sony PSPs, 3 for dead pixels, 1 for the misaligned case cut, casuing the button to stick.

My problems with my NGC were caused by me just being stupid though, so I wont blame that on shoddy workmans ship. Since having a system fill up with water and still work is pretty good if you ask me.
In response to Shades
My first Gamecube... ah, good tale.

I had packed it up in a trahsbag with lots of games to take over to a friend's house for the weekend. Well, that was all fine and dandy, but when I got home, I set the bag down and got something to eat. A friend of mine, who was living with me at the time, saw the trashbag and took it out. A couple days later when I wanted to play my Gamecube, I realized what had happened.

I lost a memory card, 6 or 7 games, four controllers, etc etc etc...

At the time, it ranked up to about $200 or more out the window =/

~Kujila
In response to Kujila
Kujila wrote:
My first Gamecube... ah, good tale.

I had packed it up in a trahsbag with lots of games to take over to a friend's house for the weekend. Well, that was all fine and dandy, but when I got home, I set the bag down and got something to eat. A friend of mine, who was living with me at the time, saw the trashbag and took it out. A couple days later when I wanted to play my Gamecube, I realized what had happened.

I lost a memory card, 6 or 7 games, four controllers, etc etc etc...

At the time, it ranked up to about $200 or more out the window =/

~Kujila

Thats gotta suck.

I got my first Dreamcast for Easter when my mom got this big check for my first step dad dying, and she was going all out like, every day, since she normally never had money.

A month or so later I got into the DC scene, and I started playing with emulators and stuff for it.

I wasn't happy with the DC controller and Nester [DC ported version] so I soldered a Nintendo NES controller onto the DC plug in.

When I plugged it in, the screen went crazy, so I tunred the unit off, when I turned it back on, the controllers refused to respond, and they still dont.

When you turn the DC on, dosent the memory cards and stuff usually light up? Mine remain blank, ect.
In response to Shades
You... soldered... an NES controller... onto a....

XD

That's awesome! If that would've worked, that would have been great! :D

~Kujila
In response to Shades
I wasn't happy with the DC controller and Nester [DC ported version] so I soldered a Nintendo NES controller onto the DC plug in.

Why would you do that? =|
Page: 1 2 3 4 5