ID:185749

When are you guys gonna start advertising again?.Instead of seeing 900 players we need to start seeing 1000. Byond has a good look now and dantom is getting money. Alot of good coders left that took there games down with them. Its the easiest way to get more/better coders for better games.I mean i havent seen 1000 players total since Nerds NO was up.

I know out there in the world there are coders even better then byonds best programmers. But we need to advertise to find them.I myself brought 20 people to byond when i first came.Heh it was pure luck i even discovered byond because i clicked some link which led me to the wrong program.

Theres people in this country (300 mil) many of whom would love to join this community and would become among the most respected/ high achievers. Plus the more players the more byond members.(Atleast the same percent at a higher level, either way its still more money then before).

You know how it is.Its the same thing with sports. You can usually find better players in the bigger schools
And better programmers in the bigger community.

I dunno, 300 million hits to the BYOND server would kill BYOND off entirely. =P

I wasn't aware that so many of America had internet or computer access!
In response to Elation
There 300 million Americans. About 200million(Guessing) have Internet Acess and about 75million(Once again guessing.) of them have Cable or better...
In response to Dark_Shadow_Ninja
Dark_Shadow_Ninja wrote:
There 300 million Americans. About 200million(Guessing) have Internet Acess and about 75million(Once again guessing.) of them have Cable or better...

How would more players benefit BYOND though?
Quite a low percentage of the player community bought a membership, and if they don't do that then they're only costing BYOND.
I agree with page, we need to get some advertising done!
In response to Elation
Oh I never was agreeing. I think expanding BYOND is a horrible idea, mostly because I like small to middle size community. I was just saying that's probably about how many Americans have internet and could be potentail BYOND members(which is probably more like 100 thousand maybe...)
Dark_Shadow_Ninja wrote:
and it takes less than 1 million to make the BYOND server explode.
Dark_Shadow_Ninja wrote:

Community Centers?
THANK YOU, SAVIOUR OF BYOND.
In response to Derekjeterisgod
Do we really want people who click little boxes ('LOL FREE XBOXEZ 4 FREE CLIX HERE') or follow adverts here?

I can honestly say i've never tried to 'SHOOT THE BUNNY AND WIN AN IPOD' nor clicked 'HERE TO GET 1000S OF FREE EMOTICONS' and would have a severe dislike for anyone who would.

Just my two pence.

ENGLISH PENCE.
In response to Thorg
Yes, i would, since it would probably benefit BYOND, i mean it could work out if, on popular sites like newgrounds, or some other site had a BYOND advertisement on it, so they click on it, it leads to this site, they register, download the BYOND suite, and lastly buy themselves a BYOND membership and start bloggin' so yeah that could benefit BYOND.

There would be a problem of BYOND hospitality if we come across a user who doesn't know most of the rules, and whom may call a "less-Literate" user so i think we should be a tad bit nicer to newcomers, but hey when i first came i sensed a little bit of hostlility towards me but not as much as i seen for others.
Pagemaster wrote:
I mean i havent seen 1000 players total since Nerds NO was up.

There has never been 1000 people playing BYOND games at one time.
In response to Artemio
How do you know? I'm pretty sure I have seen more than 1000 on before.
In response to Artemio
Actually, we've logged over 1,000 people online at once.
In response to Thorg
Hey! but, but,.... flipping the quarter into the cup is so fun!
In response to Kalizen
Not everyone who tries out a site or service will instantly shell out cash for it, especially when the majority of it is free. I think people would sooner just put up with the limitations, hence the "low percentage with memberships" that Elation mentioned.

I imagine it's not such a simple thing to sell community features, especially when a new person really had no interest in a particular site's community at the time. They want the content, which is what they came for...which is free.
[link]

This has been suggested many times before. But that post shows why BYOND isn't ready for major advertisement; BYOND is still in its Beta stage, not ready for >1500 players..

And about that '1000 players', do you know that 4/10 of those players are just some idiots testing their Zeta rips, and some other idiots who're playing the Zeta rips..

O-matic

In response to O-matic
I agree with that. Before going commercial, I'd think that features that will be released in 4.0 (and later versions) such as customising the interface would appeal a lot to new players. It would certainly help lessen the feeling of dependancy that BYOND games get (stuck in a similar looking Dream Seeker).
In response to Kalzar
Highest I've seen it was like 1200
In response to Elation
Right, getting a bunch of new players could be a downside. First impressions last, and the better the first impression, the longer poeple will stay. Anyhow, imagine the blogs if there were 800 or so BYOND members. -cough-
Page: 1 2