ID:185790

I believe that Crispy is known for correcting people's spelling and grammar, but I have found a mistake by Crispy. I do not know if people have seen him misspell before on BYOND, but I know that I have. He replied to an e-mail for me giving me suggestions for my Halloween: Trick-or-Treat Deluxe game and I will reply with the exact quote from him.

Crispy: "It certainly has potential, but I think it needs a little more work to realise
its full potential. Keep it up."

Notice the "realise" in there. It should be spelled "realize"... Oh well, I do not know if this is a big deal, I just thought that I would never see the day come when Crispy misspells something.
Wow, I have heard plenty of people say that that is like, impossible, or the chances of Crispy misspelling something is like you winning the lottery.
That's actually correct, many countries use that spelling.
In response to Nadrew
Really, all my teachers say it is incorrect... I guess I'll just close this thread then, cause I get to tell my teachers they were wrong... AGAIN... I swear, we must correct them a lot more than they must correct their students. Oh well, I might get extra credit if you are correct Nadrew... Thank you, I believe I have just learned something.
Killerdragon wrote:
I believe that Crispy is known for correcting people's spelling and grammar

He is?

Notice the "realise" in there. It should be spelled "realize"...

Crispy is Australian. Over here 'realise' is correct.
In response to DarkView
Oh wow, I never knew that he was Australian. Okay, my bad... Also, of what many people have said about Crispy being the one that will check your spelling, thats what many people have called him and thats one of the main things that Crispy does on BYOND (of just what I have seen in the forums)... My bad people. I thought I might have witnessed it, but I guess not...
In response to Killerdragon
Crispy is known for raising killer dingos! =) ...and taking over Kunark in LRS to make himself win ;)
Killerdragon wrote:
Oh wow, I never knew that he was Australian. Okay, my bad... Also, of what many people have said about Crispy being the one that will check your spelling, thats what many people have called him and thats one of the main things that Crispy does on BYOND

LOL. I hope I've made a better contribution than that. =) Besides, I hardly ever correct people's spelling. These days at least.

Stealth 2k wrote:
Crispy is known for raising killer dingos! =) ...and taking over Kunark in LRS to make himself win ;)

Okay, firstly, I've never seen a live dingo in my life (TV doesn't count). =P And secondly, it's my skill that makes me win at LRS, not my mind control powers. ;-)
Thank god that crisis was averted. Three cheers for Nadrew!
In response to Vortezz
Hip, Hip, HOORAY!!!!!!
speaking as a former teacher myself (history and computer science basics, and sometimes both together), i've seen both spellings. depends on which english you use, either American-english, or UK/European-english. there is no hard, fast rule, except for what standard the company you work for in the future may declare for published works.

both ways can be considered correct.
Thank you for wasting 30 seconds of my life.