ID:185900

Volkov911 has said to have bought 4 memberships(that are known) to people as long as they rate his DBZ game there #1. I know, as long as BYOND gets the money but... what is the BYOND world commming to, community what are your thoughts?
he is free to spend it as he see fit- i'm fairly certain BYOND won't reject the money. but i think he is deluding himself if he believes only 4 people can push a game to #1, considering the number of games already voted into the top 10.
In response to digitalmouse
From what I can tell, the more people you by subscriptions for, the more your vote counts.
In response to Kalzar
15 dollars...
In response to Sniper Joe
Sniper Joe wrote:
15 dollars...

Is not a lot of money. I myself make that much in two hours. I don't think the kid is doing anything wrong. BYOND needs and deserves the money - I could care less where his game is ranked.
In response to Ben G
I never said he was.
I personally ignore DBZ games in the top scores list because I know that that is the kind of stuff that gets them up there.

He's only helping BYOND, so I don't really mind...

...But whatever happened to making a good game to get it up there?!
In response to Kunark
Kunark wrote:
I personally ignore DBZ games in the top scores list because I know that that is the kind of stuff that gets them up there.

That must be so annoying for the legitimately good DBZ games that are up there. Everyone just assumes they've bribed/cheated their way to their rank.
In response to DarkView
Thats because of whoever the retard was that sent the Zeta source out into the public. There's so many dups of Zeta that it's dispicable. Everytime I ever look for a game to play because I'm bored, I completely ignore every since DB game because 99.9% of them are dups of Zeta. Its a complete waist to join every single one of them to see if one is different, because if it is, the person knows how to change a map, ohhhh yeah I feel special now!
In response to Kunark
Kunark wrote:

Right now, I'll bet there are around 50 votes for Last Robot Standing (the #1 game, last time I checked). That's a total guess on my part, but I'll use that figure for this post.

Fifteen dollars times fifty votes brings the price of getting a game up to #1 to about 750 dollars. I think that if a person spends 750 dollars advertising their game, they ought to have a bid at getting the #1 slot. Of course, as more people play LRS and it gets another 50 votes, another 750 dollars will be needed. However, $1500 worth of advertising helps BYOND and raises the rank of the game that is being advertised. Doesn't everybody win?
He's helping BYOND, let him use his money as he sees fit.
Yes, this is allowed. We can't tell people how to use their money. The people getting the subscriptions can however simply ignore the request after the fact if they wanted, he can't take it back after he's given it to them.
Well, this is certainly allowed, so if somebody wants to buy me a membership, I just might stick a DBZ game as my favorite for a while. Hiead can be bought! Sometimes! XD

Hiead
In response to Hiead
<bribe>Consider yourself bought.</bribe>

Well yeah, all kidding aside. I'll buy you a membership.
In response to Kalzar
And if Kalz_Chat suddenly jumps to #1 overnight, I think we'll know who to blame. ;-)

(Just kidding.)
In response to Crispy
=P

I was thinking of Heroes jumping to #1.

I already bought like 6 subscriptions and most of them have Heroes as number 1 =P.

I also haven't bought this key a membership, and all of them that I buy are under N1ghtW1ng. Makes me a higher benefactor =P.
Derekjeterisgod wrote:
Volkov911 has said to have bought 4 memberships(that are known) to people as long as they rate his DBZ game there #1. I know, as long as BYOND gets the money but... what is the BYOND world commming to, community what are your thoughts?

I know its kind of a late reply, but oh well. Just to clear this up, I do not buy people memberships to get votes for my game. I prefer people to vote for the game because they enjoy it. Besides, if I wanted votes that bad, I would just create some keys for myself and buy memberships for them. Sadly even if I wanted it, I do not have the resources to pay for this.

I do however try to encourage the players of the game to become BYOND members.