ID:186260

allright some people may contact byond about copying icons and ect but i did a little research on what exactly a copyright is and i found this link http://www.whatiscopyright.org
it has alot of legal terms but i wanted to figure out on what terms is something copyrighted it says you would have to do a few steps but im not sure about byonds case edit i just figured out(from the top part of the link) if you havent copyrighted it with the federal persons you cant techniclay put someone in court and sue for monetary dameges another edit if you havent registored with the federal persons (ir says the name of the united states ppl in the link) your still able to say you copyrighted it
Basically, anything original that anyone creates has an automatic copyright... The creator has the rights to be the only one to copy his/her own work...

If anyone else should happen to copy that work, they are infringing on his/her copyrights, and can be held responsible...

However, without any proof (I.E. having your copyrights registered with the government), it's very difficult to prove that the work was indeed originally yours, and you end up with not much power to do anything against the person who stole your work...

A simple way to provide yourself rudimentary copyright proof without going through the official copyright registering process, is to put your ideas in a letter, and mail it to yourself... The postmark on the letter will be proof of the date that you "registered" your copyright, and the contents of the letter will show the detail of your idea (for comparison with those of the accused infringer)... Of course, for this to work, you need to leave the letter sealed until you need it in court, if ever...

Basically, the law is looking out for us on this, but it's up to us to provide proof of our copyrights in order for them to do anything about it, and the best way to provide that proof is to have your copyrighted work registered with the proper authorities...