ID:186436

I started my month long grind today, as I do 4 hours of phys ed every day until the 29'th.

It didnt start to bad, then we got to the beep test.

The beep test is a test taken with a cd player playing a beep sound at intervals. every beep you run across the gym. until you pass out. And thats not even the worst part of it! It gradually gets faster at different 'stages'.

Luckly we only have to do it once a week.
P.E. is not that hard, how do you fail it? Football practice is hard but I don't see how you could fail it. :|

-Ryan
Ugh... the evil evil beep test. Don't remind me... BEEP Level one, two. BEEP Level one, three. BEEP Level one, four... arrrrgh. Do you hate that voice yet? I know I did!

The worst thing about it is that it brings out all those competitive instincts: "Must... not... be... first... to... give up!" I always ended up going about twice as far as I should have done, and then staggering off to a corner somewhere with quivering leg muscles, a drink bottle, and an asthma puffer for half an hour while I recovered.

Yeah, I'm not very athletic. I still got 'A's though. Just. =P (They marked on effort and participation, not ability; otherwise I would have been screwed...)

Thankfully, I am no longer required to take PE. W00000t! That's probably the best thing about the year level I'm in; if you absolutely hate taking a class, you don't have to do it! *dances*
Yikes!
I hated PE. Luckily, i just completed my last year of it with a 79. I would have gotten better, but its hard to run three miles in the 20 minute time limit. I managedto do it, but normally only after passing 15 minute, so I'd get a C.
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
Thankfully, I am no longer required to take PE. W00000t! That's probably the best thing about the year level I'm in; if you absolutely hate taking a class, you don't have to do it! *dances*

Blah, I have to take P.E. for all 4 years of highschool >=(
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
Yeah, I'm not very athletic. I still got 'A's though. Just. =P (They marked on effort and participation, not ability; otherwise I would have been screwed...)

I'm pretty fit, but I still got a pretty low mark for P.E..

This is because students at my school are assigned to the differing P.E. groups by the HMAYCK system, or "How Much Ass You Can Kick" system.

Because I was put in the bottom group, no matter how well any of us actually did P.E. we could only get a below average, pretty mediocre score. It was a little bit infuriating.
summer school really sucks. i just finished a health class i needed to take for next year. get up at 7:00 (after watching Adult Swim the previous night), take the same boring class for 5 hours, try and stay awake, then walk home in the sweltering sun
good times...good times (i'm lying).

-Popisfizzy
In response to Popisfizzy
I wish I had time to sleep... Lucky =P
In response to Crispy
I got an A+ in P.E. ... P.E. is awesome I don't know what you're talking about.

I finished the mile in 5 minutes 13 seconds. That was around 3, or 4 years ago, and I still have the record at that school. =)

Kids today. Tsk. Tsk.
In response to Digital Samurai
it took me ten minutes, but i suck at running
I didnt say I did not like PE, just the beep test :P
In response to Jermman
Ack, you had to do the beep test? Was it the one where you run back and forth?
In response to RavenHeart
Didnt you read his post?
In response to Digital Samurai
Digital Samurai wrote:
I got an A+ in P.E. ... P.E. is awesome I don't know what you're talking about.

Call yourself a BYONDer? You're not nerd enough to be a BYONDer! Get outta here! ;-) (Kidding.)

I wouldn't actually have minded P.E. too much except that I was forced (well, forcibly encouraged) to push my body much further than was sensible. Being hot, giddy, tired, and sweaty, with burning leg muscles and an asthmatic tightness in my throat as I gasp for painful breaths is not my favourite way to spend an afternoon.

But hey, if masochism is your thing, go for it...
In response to Elation
Elation wrote:
Because I was put in the bottom group, no matter how well any of us actually did P.E. we could only get a below average, pretty mediocre score. It was a little bit infuriating.

Hah. Our system isn't like that, fortunately. On the other hand, it's so darn complicated that I think there are about three people in the world who actually understand how it all works. It's all to do with means and standard deviations and scaling formulae and other statistical mumbo-jumbo. Basically, they futz around with it until they get something roughly representing a normal curve, and then call it done. =P
In response to Airjoe
Airjoe wrote:
Crispy wrote:

Blah, I have to take P.E. for all 4 years of highschool >=(

So did I! Now I'm in college; which is not college as the U.S. knows it. Basically it's the last two years of secondary education:

- 7 years of primary school
- 4 years of high school (secondary education)
- 2 years of college (more secondary education) <---- Crispy is here
- Work, and/or tertiary education (like university, tech college, whatever)

Each of those parts is handled by a different school, though some privately-run schools do more than one of them. (Many private schools do primary school and high school.)

So in the four years of high school, P.E. was compulsory; but in college you're allowed to drop anything you like. Hooray! =)
Jermman wrote:
I started my month long grind today, as I do 4 hours of phys ed every day until the 29'th.

It didnt start to bad, then we got to the beep test.

The beep test is a test taken with a cd player playing a beep sound at intervals. every beep you run across the gym. until you pass out. And thats not even the worst part of it! It gradually gets faster at different 'stages'.

Luckly we only have to do it once a week.

Heh, I've never heard of this "beep test" but, it sounds like "Suicides", or sprints. Anyhow, me being about 270 lbs - I think my mile time was pretty good (9 minutes). So, anyone who says any different, kiss my shiny metal butt!
In response to Crispy
You suck. (kidding) Where do you live that lets you drop whatever you don't like?
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
Hah. Our system isn't like that, fortunately. On the other hand, it's so darn complicated that I think there are about three people in the world who actually understand how it all works. It's all to do with means and standard deviations and scaling formulae and other statistical mumbo-jumbo. Basically, they futz around with it until they get something roughly representing a normal curve, and then call it done. =P

Heh, English schools couldn't give a damn about sporting acheivements...even my P.E. teacher was also an R.E. teacher.
In response to Elation
I'm taking my two semesters of PE over the summer so I get a study hall. Plus, it's easier =D. For individual sports we golf, play badmitton, go bowling, and lift weights. Sady, I have to wake up at 6:00 to make the bus which comes at 6:37. But atleast I get home at noon ^.^
Page: 1 2