Stray Games

by Falacy
because BYOND.
ID:1864500

BYOND Sucks #2
Website Feature[les]s

Remember when BYOND used to have a meaningful website, and charge membership for vanity features, the way it should be done? Remember when they removed all that AND raised the price of membership in one swish of an update? Quality management, 10/10

This most recent update to the website is by far the worst state it has ever been in, removing practically every feature, it is now a simple list of games, and some basic forums, both of which are presented with incredibly bland and unappealing visuals.

Remember when medals used to be a thing on the homepage, in place of just benefactors? And an optionally featured section on user pages? There also used to be general feeds for your friends list about what they were doing (this may still exist, I probably just don't have any friends =D). These were nice viral marketing mechanics, now gone.

Remember the feature tracker? This was one of the few/only things BYOND has ever implemented (on their own) that I have considered a good. It was the only time in BYOND's history that important updates to the engine actually got accomplished, and on a somewhat regular basis. They decided to remove this, along with everything else, merging it into a simple forum category, which provided none of the features that made the tracker itself great - like being able to vote on good ideas.

Remember when you used to be able to completely customize your page? From colors, to features, to layouts, (there were also personal blogs&forums, among other things), it was appealing and, imo, one of the biggest/only reasons people bought memberships. Well, the only reason BYOND itself actually earned those memberships, at least, vast majority of memberships are bought for bonuses within BYOND games, a system BYOND itself deserves little-to-no revenue from.

Protip/Design 101/Common Sense: Never REMOVE features in the process of updating, only (and primarily) ADD things, and/or change things for the better.

Good day, sirs!
This is why BYOND needs a +1 option
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:

Blogs and the Feature Tracker used to, QQ
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:

Okay going off topic here that cat isn't real right or is my blindness kicking in again?
In response to Jakessj5
Jakessj5 wrote:
Okay going off topic here that cat isn't real right or is my blindness kicking in again?

Don't be a cat racist
Lol ok
falacy is my spirit animal