ID:186461

Members can see everyone who's logged in

Thats just stupid. What about games like castle, where multiple games are hosted?

For example: I call my friend up, he hosts a game and tells me to join, then I will have to join every friggen game to figure out which one is his.

edit: It wont matter for me, im getting members in a week, but its still annoying.
I misread the post, sorry.
In response to Artekia
You do realize I did not even mention the pager in my post, right?
A legitimate complaint about the membership scheme! Whoulda thunk it?

This is a good point, but I think the blame does go to the individual game makers, too--the hub still has support for unique server identification even for non-members, which is a good idea anyhow.
In response to Jermman
Well, what I thought you meant was seeing where people are in the pager tab.

Yeah, sorry, I rushed through your post, plus it was a little unclear. I agree, that is pretty harsh. I also couldn't tell that this was going on because I am a member, and didn't notice it.
In response to Jermman
In fairness to Artekia, your post is not very clear about what exactly you are talking about. If you're just griping about lack of functions for non-members, though, I'd suggest finding something more productive to do... like suggesting enhancements (EDIT: specifically, a better way to handle this kind of report)?

If I get the gist of what you're saying, though... there's nothing that stops a member from inviting you to exactly where they are using the pager... and I'm sure if it's a popular game with multiple servers, there's many ways for the inviter to specify. Like, "I'm on so-and-so's Castles server."
In response to Leftley
Leftley wrote:
A legitimate complaint about the membership scheme! Whoulda thunk it?

I hope this sets a precedent. =P

This is a good point, but I think the blame does go to the individual game makers, too--the hub still has support for unique server identification even for non-members, which is a good idea anyhow.

Agreed.
In response to Wizkidd0123
This is a horrible idea, This is the worst thing I've seen done. I want non-members to be able to see others logged in games on the hub. Please?

~>Jiskuha
Yep, I thought they were just tkaing away from the pager. The least would be to see who's in the game. But the pager, I could care less about.
var/list/Players = new

client/New()
..()
Players += src.key
Update_HUB()

client/Del()
Players -= src.key
Update_HUB()
..()

proc/Update_HUB()
var/Status = ""
if(Players.len)
for(var/Key in Players)
if(length(Status))
Status += ", [Key]"
else
Status += "[Key]"
else
Status = "No players."
world.status = Status

Bam! We have a simple work around that took 5 seconds to make.

-Ryan
In response to Ry4n
Note, however, that world.status appears to be restricted to 255 characters (at least in my experience). So if you have a lot of people on, that might still be a problem.

Also, just from a programming point of view - it's often useful to have a list of /client objects, so I'd do it that way instead of having a list of key strings. It's more flexible, and means you can reuse the list for other things as well. (Like administrative commands.)
I actually have to agree with Jermman on this one. I had no idea that it wouldn't allow you to see who is playing in games without logging in and clicking "who". Something like that could cripple the site from getting new players.

I agree with everywhere else, but I think it is too far to make it so you can't see who is logged into a server of a game.
In response to Crispy
Yes, i don't think a workaround should have to be in order for this. This is something that really needs to be changed back, and this is comming from someone who is hardcore for memberships.