ID:186487

Some guy or girl named Cheetoz is spamming my game and cursing a lot and causing a lot of problems in my game. He can remove himself from the world list to avoid being banned or booted or muted. He can also change his IP address to keep coming from the game. Can anyone deal with him or anyone have a similar problem with this guy or any other person from BYOND because this is annoying me with his childish acts of stupidity.
Vizuke wrote:
Some guy or girl named Cheetoz is spamming my game and cursing a lot and causing a lot of problems in my game. He can remove himself from the world list to avoid being banned or booted or muted. He can also change his IP address to keep coming from the game. Can anyone deal with him or anyone have a similar problem with this guy or any other person from BYOND because this is annoying me with his childish acts of stupidity.

Use a client-side save banning system like Crispy's. It's awesome.
Vizuke wrote:
Some guy or girl named Cheetoz is spamming my game and cursing a lot and causing a lot of problems in my game. He can remove himself from the world list to avoid being banned or booted or muted.

Then you need to fix your ban system so it operates on keys, not mobs. A mob-based system is easy for a troll to abuse.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
1. your game has spam filter
2. how can i spam when u have a filter
3. your childish by lieing
In response to Lummox JR
and if you have proof (screen shots) POST IT
In response to Cheetoz
and viz, if any of this offends you, take it up with ME personally, No 1 Cheetoz - AIM , [email protected]. - msn if not hide behind your cpu screen and be scared to confront

***Sorry if anyone thiks this is a flame but its me trying to be serious and real
In response to Cheetoz
Why couldn't you make that in one post?
In response to Aseoran
...i dont know i thought of them in seperate times didnt feel like editing
In response to Cheetoz
I dont see the problem really, hes new here, and didn't know where else to turn, or what to do.

Let me ask you this, what is his motive behind trying to get Cheetoz in trouble. I'll take his word for it, for the time being, partly by the way Cheetoz replied to the thread.

Like the others have already said, you need to update your bannnig and spam system then, to prevnt this kinds of trouble makers, there are alot more around then you think, and like to try and start server wars all the time. Trust me, Ive had my share.

And finally, really, Byond does not moderate other players' games. They can't really or wont do anything about it. Now if Cheetoz was making community threats, or you had like 75 people complaining about him, that might be different.

Anyways, hope you fix it up.
In response to Teh Governator
Well then he could just delete the save file O.o
In response to Bringer of Flames
Bringer of Flames wrote:
Well then he could just delete the save file O.o

FullBan uses much more than client-side savefile banning. It uses several banning methods (some of them unique to the library and undocumented), so that someone would have to evade all of them to bypass the system. Doing so is possible, yes, but (A) you need to know what to do, and (B) it's so tedious to repeat this process every time you get banned that most people wouldn't bother even if they did know.

Also, if you miss out even one step and forget to take the necessary steps to bypass one of the bans, they are all re-applied again. Key and IP bans are of course part of this, so you would have to get a new key and change your IP address every time this happened.

As a last resort, you can even ban entire IP ranges. I don't recommend this unless things are getting seriously out of hand, though, as it does have the tendency to ban innocent bystanders as well.
In response to Crispy
IM NOT NEW SHADES, ive been on byond since 01 i just have a anger problem when they banned my friend, so then i took it up with winchester the wrong way with flaming/etc, and ITS rather odd when i came into DBL2 to confront you man to man, without any flaming or disruptions, oddly enough what do you do, ban me, so viz i see what you are now you really ARE trying to hide that computer screen if your that screen of confrontation.

BTW: Shades <_< sorry about that one night
In response to Shades
Well, my mistake on it being a spam ingame. But he does spam the forums. Banning IP, Keys is nothing to him since he uses proxy servers to hide behind an IP. He can also change his real IP every 3 hours, but since he got the proxy server program, getting into the game and forums to spam is not a problem. Now, he is also telling his friend(s) to spam the forums just because we banned him ingame and in the game forums. This is a half-BYOND thing and a half-nonBYOND thing.
In response to Vizuke
Vizuke wrote:
Well, my mistake on it being a spam ingame. But he does spam the forums. Banning IP, Keys is nothing to him since he uses proxy servers to hide behind an IP. He can also change his real IP every 3 hours, but since he got the proxy server program, getting into the game and forums to spam is not a problem. Now, he is also telling his friend(s) to spam the forums just because we banned him ingame and in the game forums. This is a half-BYOND thing and a half-nonBYOND thing.

The forums may not be as easy to protect, but Crispy.FullBan does provide security beyond merely banning keys and IP addresses. Among other abilities it can also ban an entire IP range, which may stop the proxy problem in its tracks.

Lummox JR
In response to Vizuke
Vizzy, how do you know Cheetoz changes his IP...He could have dial up..Doesnt that change the persons IP once they start up the net...Since dial-up isn't constant.

XZZZZZZ
In response to XZDark
Uh actully, your modem will keep that same IP address until you turn your PC off or something. Ive been banned from muds before, but if I unplug my dial up modem and wait a few mins, I can get back in.

But if I just disconnect and try to dial in again, it wont work, Ill still be banned. odd.

Just saying..
chheetoz hmmm. y dont u just stop playin the game??