ID:186577

I know they cant be compared, but the people here
do.

I cant beleive they are comparing them.

Anyways, no real point in this thread. But I thought I would tell you so you could have a good laugh.
it really only made me shake my head. luckily there were a few people in there who do know what the difference is.
That's not what they're doing, eleetest. :P Some guy just wanted to know if there was an advantage in visual quality from sites that have pages with .php extensions, as his limited experience surfing has shown him that sites with .php generally look better than sites with .html extensions.

The regulars explained quite thuroughly why the idea is fundamentally flawed, and that PHP generates HTML, so sites with.php extensions are still just HTML to the browser.

They then went on to discuss why the person liked how .php sites looked compared to ones with .html extensions, with some really good insights into the matter. The original poster seemed to agree with them.

Your comments (I assume they're yours) hardly make sense, and come off as quite presumptuous and rude. :P

Just because you know PHP doesnt mean you know CSS. CSS Should be learnt before PHP.

omg -.-'

~X
In response to Xooxer
Yes, that is me >_>. They have no place to add a user name just an ID. And, I wanted an awsome IE and 1337 and 31337 were taken.

The way I take what they are saying is, that PHP is a greater language compared to HTML. And they cant be compared, because they are two different things.
Pfft php is server-side and pumps out plain html (Correct me if I'm wrong) so I fail to see how one is better if they both work in tandem.

~Kujila
In response to Kujila
Kujila wrote:
Pfft php is server-side and pumps out plain html (Correct me if I'm wrong) so I fail to see how one is better if they both work in tandem.

~Kujila

Well, - yes, PHP generates html. But, PHP is also good for dynamic websites. HTML - you have to do each different page differently. But, even then - it's sort of moot to try & compare them.
In response to Teh Governator
Yeah, but in the end, even dynamic websites, it outputs HTML.

Like this:
http://www.golemlabs.com/forums/

PHP, right? Well view the source and all the end-user gets is plain HTML; users don't see your PHP, just what it spits out.

~Kujila