ID:1866372

BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate
Web Browser:Chrome 43.0.2357.81
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
I notice when playing any game on byond Guest keys will automatically lose connection to a game. I thought it was just me at first until I've tried it with normal keys vs guest keys and guest keys 100% always lost connection to the hosted game after 1-5 mins of connection time. I've got some of my friends to confirm this as well. They also exp the weird disconnection problem I've been exp.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Join a hosted game with guest key they will lose connection generally 1-10 mins of playing.

Expected Results:
Guest keys should not lose connection the a hosted game.

Actual Results:
Guest keys lose connection after a certain amount of time.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every time
In other games?
Yes, I've tried with game who enable guest keys to be used.
On other computers?
Not sure.

Workarounds:
None as of yet!
Very odd. I've never seen this. Does this happen only in specific server versions? Does it happen only when joining remotely, or for instance when not on localhost?
Local host seems to work fine(Just tried it), but when trying it on other games being hosted somewhere else it just disconnects you from it if using the guest-key. I have no idea as for specific versions cause guest keys used to work fine until I started hosting on a different linux version. Ill try and remember which version it was before it started kicking guest keys.
Okay. The remote host thing is good to know so I can try running some tests Monday and see if I can reproduce, and if so to sneak in a fix for 508.1287.
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'
I tried a test of this in 507.1286 with my remote IP, as guest. Confirmed it was definitely the remote IP, so it did not treat me as a local connection. I was not able to reproduce the problem.
Also been unable to reproduce the problem. I logged a guest key into four different live games, none being hosted by me and left it sitting all day, still logged in when I got home.
I've been having this problem myself, the issue seems to be when switching tabs guest accounts will often disconnect when they are not the window that is concentrated on, but are able to play as long as it is their main active window for a few minutes.

I'm one of the ss13 coders, so i'm not sure if it's specifically an ss13 branch issue or an issue with byond itself.

easily testable with two monitors, and there we go it just timed out while i was typing this http://i.imgur.com/c6SKIaY.png
SS13 often has code to kick guest accounts, did you make sure to remove all of it?
I've tried my best to track it all down, so unless it's that the clients of specifically guests are being garbage collected or something.
This happens on some games and not in others. One of my old games does it, and I have not put any code in there to kick guests at all. I have overridden some banning stuff, but nothing to do with guests. So I can confirm that this does happen when it isn't supposed to, just not in all games.
Don't know if this is related but something like this happen a lot in Dragon-Ki, where 20+ people would disconnect simultaneously while others didn't, this would happen once in a while at least 5 times a day.
This happens in my game too, guest players always disconect after a few minutes... test there http://www.byond.com/games/Inutaishos/Azusa