ID:1867341

Sup guys, as some of you may know I have been working on developing an entirely new era of dragonball roleplay. With new systems, realistic mechanics- BETTER mechanics, and satisfying gameplay. Now I have to be honest, I started constructing the game from scratch in December, then someone gave me their source to their unreleased naruto rpg game that was in it's beginning stages. He said his team left him and felt like I could do something with it, maybe use continue the project myself, instead i chose to completely reform the source into a DB RP game and things are going well so far.

I only look for a team to discuss ideas with, creative minded people who have experience in roleplay games and its mechanics.

Also artists(Iconner's), for overlaying new clothing, aura, and misc. things. This is the main thing thats slowing the progress of the game down. I can do it myself but not when I have other things to worry about like programming.

Also an assitant programmer whos VERY experience who can help me with fixxing erros and progressing the games completion.

So far, this is what is of the game's current stage;

http://prntscr.com/7b5oel ( Basic Login Screen)

http://prntscr.com/7e18nx ( Char Creation screen)

http://prntscr.com/7e19nk ( How it looks so far, not the final look but an old pic I took during testing)

So far i' mstill trying to reform the char-creation procs for the new DB style i had in mind, I could use some supporters and a staff team for motivation and ideas.

Feel free to skype me @ haxroleplay or page me :)
No. Funimation isn't something that should be touched, at all. If you want to make any kind of money off of it, no IP is to be touched. Make something original. If you just want to put all that work in for free, go ahead. No one of worth is going to spend their time to help. At best, you'll get these kids running their own rips that say they're good programmers and will help, then just add in poorly done code straight out of their rip and leave you with a poorly done, overly buggy, game.
It isn't for compensation, it's for free, just a project to challenge the current DB Rp games out.
In response to HaxRp
Funimation is still a no-no. You would be much better off by changing away from a funimation IP.
Page me the next time we are both online and we can trade ideas.
For lack of a better term... these screenshots are... painful to look at. Ugh. Why is the quality of design so poor these days?...
In response to Kats
I think it looks good.

But since its another dbz game ion think its a good idea. That other guy is telling you some important shit though Hax.
In response to Kats
Kats wrote:
For lack of a better term... these screenshots are... painful to look at. Ugh. Why is the quality of design so poor these days?...

I don't know what days you are remembering, but these images represent the majority of the days since BYOND's creation.

There are few games that don't look like that.
In response to Shust
Shust wrote:
I think it looks good.

But since its another dbz game ion think its a good idea. That other guy is telling you some important shit though Hax.

He is, but I've always thought of making a project to challenge the current DB Rp games, I see what you guy's are saying though.
That wasn't their source, and this is certainly not going to fool anyone. Hell, even I have this. It's from a game called Naruto Universe, and you found it on a dude's 4shared account by searching google.
o.O I would search up a naruto source on google for a dbz game?

I've been working on an original version from scratch before the guy gave it to me... why would I go out searching for sources in the first place, fool who.
I get where you're coming from, but

http://www.byond.com/games/NUStaff/NarutoUniverse#tab=pics

Is the point Xorbah is making. I read your post and saw you say you're reforming the source into DBZ from Naruto though. Either way, good luck with it baby cakes.
In response to Rocknet
Rocknet wrote:
I don't know what days you are remembering, but these images represent the majority of the days since BYOND's creation.

That's the issue I have. I know it's pedantic and not really going to help, considering the vast majority of BYOND games are done with this low level of quality, but I just have a hard time not comparing it to more professional quality designs.
Don't bother doing DBZ. It's overdone as is.
Meh, Not doing it for the benefit of the community, doing it because I want to.
How typical....

But good luck.
Typical maybe. But it's a personal thing. I always wanted to create a Dragonball Rp game, it was actually the first ever project I attempted in 2008, but I lacked skill, now that I know alittle more...

Hey, I just wanna knock this milestone out
If you want to even call it that, lol. There's so many DBZ renditions here that there's pretty much nothing else you can do to make a new game better other than adding realistic power level scaling.
In response to Xorbah
Not true all the DBZ games here are the same.
In response to Xorbah
Xorbah wrote:
If you want to even call it that, lol. There's so many DBZ renditions here that there's pretty much nothing else you can do to make a new game better other than adding realistic power level scaling.

Well, I've already come up with multiple systems/mechanics/things that other DBZ games do not include or have.

Example;

Cloud-flying. Being able to soar high into the sky(of course a new map of the sky/clouds) that gives real-time effect & shadow down at surface, also being able to fly into space without a space pod with risks included.

Another Example;

Close-Friend-Sparring; You see, usually in the db rp games, you see others sparring randoms, or people they just met and calling it "Friendly spars". Not in this game, the only thing friendly would be offering another a cookie, but in reality if you'd have to raise your fist to someone you didn't even know, it'd be a more serious fight rather than sapr which is why I'd make it that you'd gain WAY more than with a friend who you have more of a relationship(Contact system)with, than with a random person you just met, or you barely know.

That's just two out of the many other ideas.
Page: 1 2 3