ID:186918

Yet Another Earthqauke has hit the coast of Indonesia, This one had a magnitude of 8.2 then was later raised to a 8.7.

Thank god another Tsunami didn't hit, it would of been terrible over there...
AlexisOnFire wrote:
Yet Another Earthqauke has hit the coast of Indonesia, This one had a magnitude of 8.2 then was later raised to a 8.7.

Thank god another Tsunami didn't hit, it would of been terrible over there...

Oh, don't sweat it. There's still a possibility it could happen again. I mean, it's only before so long that those small earthquakes set off a chain reaction...thus causing more & more quakes. One of them's bound to cause another tsunami!
Oh, I don't know... might have put a lot of unhappy poeple out of their misery. I think devestation like this is essential to growth. I know what you're thinking, "But, breaking stuff doesn't help it grow, it breaks it! MORON!" And, you're right, but you're wrong as well. Sometimes things need to be destroyed to make way for better things. Forest fires are a great example. They suck, but they are actually good for the environment. The tsunami destroyed many people and a lot of homes, lands and business. At the same time, however, it brought the survivors closer together, many of whom were at odds with each other. It hurt, but I think it was necessary.

~X
In response to Teh Governator
Er... Earthquakes don't set off chain reactions.
In response to Jp
Jp wrote:
Er... Earthquakes don't set off chain reactions.

Sure they can. They can hit a sensitive area, fault line, or another unstable tectonic plate or volcano.
I'm glad it didn't hit, or we would have been expected to send billions of dollars to help them...
In response to Teh Governator
They OCCUR on unstable faultlines. They're caused by a fault line BECOMING stable. They can't hit another one because of that. And though volcanos and things could be set off by them, that ISN'T a chain reaction, because it DOESN'T keep GOING. I like RANDOM capitalization. It is FUN!
In response to Jp
just read a geographical book about earth quakes to settle ur schoiling knowledge cheesus
In response to Jp
They were talking about it on ABC News tonight (that's Australian Broadcasting Corporation, for you Americans). I'm no expert on earthquakes, but according to the people that they interviewed and the information they gave, it was sort of like a chain reaction; the Boxing Day earthquake relieved some of the stress, and then the recent earthquake relieved a different part of the stress in a slightly different location.

Seismologists expect more quakes, and they expect them to travel southeast along the fault line (closer to Australia, in fact, though still way up north, so we're both safe =)).
In response to Forbidden Prodigies
Forbidden Prodigies wrote:
just read a geographical book about earth quakes to settle ur schoiling knowledge cheesus

"Cheesus"?

Er.
In response to Elation
Elation wrote:
"Cheesus"?

Yes. Cheesus Crust all Milky.