ID:186919

Has any of you played DragonBall: Sagas? (The new DBZ game released) I find it a little boring, I mean, I did beat the game in about 5-6 hours. It's horribly repetative, and if anyone calls it an adventure game, they should be shot. I've had more adventure in a side-scrolling game than I did with this game. It's a MUST-NOT BUY/RENT game.

Has any of you heard about Area 51 (I believe it's going to be an XBOX only game)? Totally sweet! It takes place in Area 51, which shows every conspiracy ever thought of. For example, I saw a video showing the staged moon landing scene, some top-secret plans and such. Well, anyway, this is an FPS First-Person-Shooter. I rented Mortal Kombat: Deceptions (Also a really horribly game), and I later found out that there's a demo of Area 51 in there! I nearly peed my pants when I found out. I started playing, and wow I liked it more than Halo II. The AI in the demo alone surpasses Halo II's and the graphics aswell. Well, if any of you know anything about Area 51 (the game), tell me, I want to be as informed as possible. =)
I'm annoyed by the number of DBZ games on the PS2 and the rave about them. My friend told me about Sagas and I basically told him I was uninterested. "But it's going to be the best one yet!". Yeah, just like the other 4.
In response to SSJ2GohanDBGT
Sagas is cross platform. And it got horrible reviews. I suggest not investing $50 in it, instead you can buy a game like God of War.
Area 51 sounds awesome.

Rawr. I hate xbox only games.
Area 51 is being released not only on X-box, but PS2 and PC. I got a demo with my X-box magazine and found it awsome, the way you can transform into a beast and see people even when they have invisibility on is an awsome feature. Also while reading the magazine, I found out Marilyn Manson is a voice actor who plays a bald creepy corpse that gets off the ground and talks to you. Go figure :P

I'm looking forward to getting the new Times Splitters game. My friend has it and you can design maps and create 'missions' for that level. Another awsome FPS out on all three consoles.

Then there is Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, one of the most highly rated game according to there commercial... I have a demo of the game and I have to say it is very fun and severely addicting.
In response to SSJ2GohanDBGT
Heh... The best one yet doesn't mean jack squat when they've all been pretty far on the side of abysmal.
In response to Data-Con
"the way you can transform into a beast and see people even when they have invisibility on is an awsome feature. " Are we talking about two different games here, or was my demo really cheap?
DBZ: Budokai was a pretty good game. The sequels have kind of sucked.

I think that Balzack (Jaredoggy) summed up DBZ: Sagas pretty well when he said:

"I felt like I was playing a BYOND DBZ game, except someone spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to make it and it was on the PS2."
In response to SilkWizard
Dragonball Budokai, Super Sonic Warriors and Legendary Warriors were all very VERY good games.

Alot of people will disagree just because they were dragonball themed. Well those people can burn in hell.

Dragonball Sagas had its own ups and downs.

I did NOT like the crash bandicoot style camera and travel.

I did not like how each charater had ONE style of energy attacks.

I loved the combat itself, it feels and looks just like the show. And the slow down thing when you start to charge an attack, I love it.

Dragonball Sagas isnt the BEST game avaible on the Xbox, PS2 or Gamecube, but I could also name alot WORSE games avaible to you.

If you are a die hard DBZ fan, this game is a must get.
For the rest, if you like seneless distruction and massive fights, then go for it.
In response to Shades
Shades wrote:
Dragonball Budokai, Super Sonic Warriors and Legendary Warriors were all very VERY good games.

Alot of people will disagree just because they were dragonball themed. Well those people can burn in hell.

Dragonball Sagas had its own ups and downs.

I did NOT like the crash bandicoot style camera and travel.

I did not like how each charater had ONE style of energy attacks.

I loved the combat itself, it feels and looks just like the show. And the slow down thing when you start to charge an attack, I love it.

Dragonball Sagas isnt the BEST game avaible on the Xbox, PS2 or Gamecube, but I could also name alot WORSE games avaible to you.

If you are a die hard DBZ fan, this game is a must get.
For the rest, if you like seneless distruction and massive fights, then go for it.

I agree i bought my lil bro dbz buudokai 3 for xmas last year and he loved it played it on my ps2 for like hours non stop lol but its kinda cool but when you complete the game you like stop playing it any more which kinda sucks but oh well they should put in more stuff to do
In response to Crashed
In my X-box magazine it said that there are two demo's released (for X-box atleast). The one that I have is the second one and doesn't take place in the beginning of the game. All I have to do on the X-box controller is press the white button to get claws and for everything to turn red. People are easier to see and you can even see them when they use invisibility.
I beta this really easily too when renting.... so I bought Budokai 2 (Gamecube doesn't have #3) and I'm lovin' it.

~Kujila
In response to Kujila
I didn't like Budokai 2. The fact that you were fighting cell and fruiza in the buu saga was stupid and repetive.

They totally took away from the game in my opinion.

Budokia 1 and 3 are awesome games though. And when you beat it, having some friends come over for a beat down is just as fun.

I wish Capcom would make a DBZ game with the marvel VS capcom engine. (I know they would have to burrow the license from Atari, since they hold all game rights, right now. yuk.)
In response to Data-Con
=O! I hate you Data! Send me your demo.