ID:1871031

Hello Readers, I'm 22 today, happy birthday to me! Check out these developments:

BYOND

BYOND Developer Lummox JR has been busy this month, publishing the first beta edition of BYOND 508. BYOND 508 contains several new features, such as mouse wheel detection, map text positioning, appearance manipulation, error handling, and icon editing tools. Appearances in particular have existed in BYOND for nearly forever, but have been exposed for developers to use. Lummox JR has published a new tutorial Under the Hood: Appearances and you to help provide information on how to use this new feature. In hopes to make Under the Hood a series, he is taking recommendations on what should be covered next.

Additionally, due to changes in the hub code, users using versions older than BYOND 507.1286 should upgrade in order for their servers to appear on the BYOND website.

As always, membership purchases are always appreciated and make software upgrades such as those presented above possible.

BYOND Games

Pixel Realms launched a Kickstarter two weeks ago for Severed World, and have currently raised over 40% of their 15,000 dollar goal with two weeks to go. Check out the campaign for game details, and if interested, make a pledge. Severed World is a fantasy RPG that takes place in three realms, Medieval Europe, Feudal Japan, and Norse. The developers have said that even if the Kickstarter falls though, they have full intentions of completing the game. After all, their greenlight campaign on steam got approved after just a few days! Check out their facebook page for updates.

Despite 54 hours of Kumorii's week being absorbed by his job, Skrimish has had some new features, namely the addition of a player companion, who takes the form of a wisp, who will help the player defeat their enemies in battle, and make remarks on events that are happening in the world. New aesthetic features, such as clouds, shadows, and fireflies have been added, and tweaks has been made to improve performance.

Mr_Goober shares his ideas on how to manage item wear and mana. Every piece of equipment and skill in MicrORPG will have its own "card" with an indicator to show how many uses are remaining.

He wouldn't want to spoil all of the fun, so DanteVFenris is expecting less updates as he progresses into the content creation phase of Cursed Luck. He has shared a bit of information regarding his progress on the creation of the tutorial and first dungeon, and its accompanying boss.

Who says BYOND can't handle 3D? The team working on Wolf Pack Battalion has added the fifth dimension to their super powered multiplayer platform battler. Remember to become a fan of their game to get instant notifications as they publicly test the game.

Devourer Of Souls is currently holding a poll regarding what content players would like to see added to the rp adventure, Sigrogana Legend 2. New classes and class skills are currently trending in the lead. A new card game, Yenten has been added for gamblers to try their luck at. The fishing contest has been improved too.

Yutput has posted a new game and he is looking for users willing to give feedback on "Epoch", a small RPG with strategy elements. Look at page two for the current version.

BYOND Resources

• IchiroKeisuke is being heard with the publication of his Simple Sound System.
  • Kats has published a snippet for pixel perfect movement.
  • Make the screen move about when powerful events happen with avidanimefan's Shake Quake Screen Shaking.
  • Avidanimefan is sharing how to save maps with Zap Map.
  • In case you don't like the built in dice, Avidanimefan demonstrates how to do it yourself with his D&D Dice Roller Demo.
  • Group together similar objects with SC OBJ, from none other than Avidanimefan.
  • Ter13 has presented an alternative to Forum_Account's Keyboard Library called bindlib... Yikes!
nice
happy b day dude
Happy B-Day
Bindlib doesn't deserve to be here. It was a code dump. It's not production ready and probably shouldn't be used by anyone.

I appreciate the mention, though.
Happy Birthday! Also... I believe it is Wisps, not wasp. Quite the funny mix up though! Just imagine wasps following you around, talk about friendly fire, or should I say friendly stings!
Happy Birthday ^_^
Sexy developments..~
I'm now trying to work like 20 hours a week on my game. Even have got a sceduel now. So I think with this method I'll be done hopefully before my school starts.
nice
Huh...sorry I missed your birthday. yours was just 3 days ahead of mines. I always give a 'meh' shrug when a new code is introduced to the DM language. Sorry lummox, but through my programming years, new codes don't increase productivity and always one sided benefit. People always suggest more power and possibilities but never used them to their advantage when they are offered it. Been in a game community like byond once, but it's long gone and stagnate in results. In it's core, many wanted to be motivated to start a project and their excuse is that the program isn't powerful enough or missing key component that prevents them to work sufficiently. But in reality, it only take perseverance and persistence in finding work arounds. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad someone is improving byond's language etc. Just takes a little more to convince that it won't be a repeat of another fall of another game engine.
woah
I always give a 'meh' shrug when a new code is introduced to the DM language.

ITT: People who don't know anything about programming talking about programming.

This thread is now about horses.
your a horse
?
I think the new additions would reduce "time to market" for may projects, and allow projects to get bigger and be easier to change and evolve.

Plus some are simple bugfixes.

As to making the community better, ultimately that depends on wider factors which affect the people, not all of which can be controlled by those inside the community, much less the tool set... but BYOND seems to still be growing as a platform, which is good, for both BYOND and a lot of people who might want to try out something quickly to get a feel for programming, game projects, and working in teams.

happy belated birthday dood
Happy Birthday matey.

I must do something to be featured in Byond & Within 21...

fuck, nothing comes to mind
Happy birthday!

Also, Shadow Generator can now generate shadows for mobs with overlays too using the new "appearance" var.

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1871750

(Requires BYOND 508 Beta)
In response to Kidpaddle45
Kidpaddle45 wrote:
Happy birthday!

Also, Shadow Generator can now generate shadows for mobs with overlays too using the new "appearance" var.

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1871750

(Requires BYOND 508 Beta)

Whoo, that fixes my only problem with it!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5