ID:187170

What are BYONDimes?
In response to YMIHere
No need to waste brain space for knowledge about BYONDimes, they died a long time ago. They won't be used anymore.
In response to Vizuke
Incorrect on both counts. BYONDDimes that were already in the system are still there and may be cashed out. When the Paypal subscription system is released, your payments will be recieved as BYONDDimes which you may use to subscribe to approved hub entries or to cash out as normal.

BYONDDimes are a monetary unit equal to 10 cents that are tracked by the BYOND hub. You can't buy or transfer them directly anymore because there was so much misuse of them.
In response to Shadowdarke
So we are going to switch back to BYOND dimes, but Dantom will no longer be in charge of the transferring of the money/etc?

Of so, I am one to say: "HORRAY!"
In response to Kunark
Not exactly. Dimes will continue to function as they do now. But yeah, you will be able to use Paypal directly to pay for approved BYOND hub subscriptions.
In response to Shadowdarke
Shadowdarke wrote:
Not exactly. Dimes will continue to function as they do now. But yeah, you will be able to use Paypal directly to pay for approved BYOND hub subscriptions.

Also, I'm still curious of all the fangames still having "donations". Though the staff removes them from the hub listing, all they have to do is either: A) Re-post their hub. B) Keep the donation junk in secrecy (forums, website, etc...), or C) Do all the above.
In response to Teh Governator
You can report games breaking rules, such as the no-charging-for-fan-games rule, to http://www.byond.com/support/support.cgi. People deliberately reposting their hub entries several times to flaunt the rules risk being banned.
Teh Governator wrote:
Also, I'm still curious of all the fangames still having "donations". Though the staff removes them from the hub listing, all they have to do is either: A) Re-post their hub. B) Keep the donation junk in secrecy (forums, website, etc...), or C) Do all the above.

Someone will stumple accros the Donation link nad report them eventually.
why can't we have a donation button? Thats a rule I haven't heard of yet.
In response to Jamesburrow
Jamesburrow wrote:
why can't we have a donation button? Thats a rule I haven't heard of yet.

In a nutshell, fangames can't receive donations because they can't make money. It's somebody else's copyright. For other kinds of games, of course, that does not apply.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
O, tat makes sense.

Jesus, my "Y" button starts to work and now anoter one messes up. I need a new keyboard.
In response to Crispy
its cuz then sum big company will get pissed and may sue byond for hosting the copyrighted game forceing dantom to shutdown