ID:1871728

You guys need to start donating. I'm not leaving first-place in the donations for the last month until I leave for Navy bootcamp in forty days. (Basically, beat my donation and I pretty much guarantee I'll beat your's)

In Fact, I'd like to challenge everyone to beat my last-month's-donations without me one-upping you.
No.
In response to Ganite
Don't be cheap.
:( spent my last dollar getting to work today.
In response to Ganite
Fair enough.

Seriously though, if anyone would like to try me, see how high I'll go. I said "pretty much" because there's a certain point I won't go to beat you at, but I have no idea what it is.

Challenge accepted!
In response to Pixel Realms

Decided I would buy a year membership for the first person that has a non-IP game update in the "Games Updates" board that doesn't have a membership. This is the thread that the poster got a membership: http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1865868

Didn't one-up your total donation, but I'm still in the lead.
Come on guys. Someone make another donation. I'm about to find some random person to give a membership to to make it an even further gap to outdo me.
Why donate to BYOND when there are promising kickstarter projects like:

This
And this
Shoot, even this

I could go on, but you get the idea.
In response to Lugia319
Because if I wanted to contribute to Kickstarter projects, I would be on Kickstarter; not BYOND.

Plus I'm $114 from being on the top-thirty list, and I think that'd be pretty rad.
I'm getting a huge check in a week, so you'll see me beat you by a landslide.
Lugia. You continue to rant on byond and then you question why byond is supposedly worse and this and that. Someone who wants to contribute to byond through donating is being questioned by you suggesting them donate to something else. I hate how you complain about things on byond and then in a way contribute to the problem with posts like that. People want to donate to help the site. Don't suggest not donating to the site. The money helps keep byond alive.
In response to Xorbah
Xorbah wrote:
I'm getting a huge check in a week, so you'll see me beat you by a landslide.

Well good; I welcome the competition. =D
Dang it. A check that was supposed to clear yesterday won't be clearing until Tuesday. I'm sad now...
As seems ever-so-relevant: id:1879631

On topic; I would love to have a measuring match of online wallets, but I am in dire need of several large spends that'll leave me broke, sorry. Never really took onto donating to BYOND, just buy memberships instead of completely wasting your money.
Did my best to pull the fan-game subdiscussion into a separate thread. Sorry if anything seems a little less coherent.

On topic, I'm thinking of doing another donation drive--it's been a while and Lummox JR has been cranking out some awesome updates lately. There's not enough days left in this month, but maybe next month we'll go for the full $5k and give him a nice "thank you!" for his hard work :)
You know, I feel like there could be like an "anonymous" account which would help push fundraising drives like this that match dollar for dollar. That way a bunch of people could contribute to help push the total instead of the person running the drive to be able to swamp everyone else that wants to contribute and push the total up.
In response to DarkCampainger
Link to donation bar? Haven't seen it since website update
In response to NNAAAAHH
It's in the sidebar on the game and developer resource pages:
http://www.byond.com/fundraising