In response to DeathAwaitsU
One could be maybe the coder needs icons or turfs or something and can pay the icon artist. That would be about it that I can think if.
In response to Kunark
I agree. I have more than one game coming just so when I get tired or bored of one I move to the other.
In response to Theodis
I donated a bunch of money to a few games I used to play, I bought a subscription to HrH, I payed SenorMofo $10 for Blessed Lands, I mean... I loved those games.
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
Heh, my MMORPG is essentially vapourware. I don't expect that I'll ever get it done, or even mostly done.

Maybe in, say, Python some day, but not in BYOND... some things I want to do in it are a little complicated for BYOND, and I'd like to be able to customise the network model.

Python has a really bad point about it, when converted to executables the files are massive.
In response to Game sabre
Game sabre wrote:
Crispy wrote:
Heh, my MMORPG is essentially vapourware. I don't expect that I'll ever get it done, or even mostly done.

Maybe in, say, Python some day, but not in BYOND... some things I want to do in it are a little complicated for BYOND, and I'd like to be able to customise the network model.

Python has a really bad point about it, when converted to executables the files are massive.

Does anyone know why, exactly?
In response to Elation
Elation wrote:
Does anyone know why, exactly?

Well, when sending a python file, you also have to send a few dlls with it otherwise the exe wont run, thats another disadvantage.
In response to DeathAwaitsU
More people will make games and put them on BYOND. I mean, people worked hard on some of these games, and they would like to get something out of it. For some things(like some of the demos), though, i think money shouldn't be allowed.
Don't most programming languages pull in resources the same way?
In response to SSJ2GohanDBGT
Most are combined into the exe im pretty sure, but python has quite a few files which you would have to include into a zip, or put into an installer with it.
Python .exe files are large because those aren't actually compiled programs, as such; they're actually the Python interpreter itself and the compiled bytecode of the Python program, plus a bit of extra code to start it up, all embedded in the one file.

But hey, what's a few extra megabytes when it's so much quicker and easier (and more fun) to program in than, say, C++? =)
Page: 1 2 3 4