ID:187215

I was looking on the seika hub page, and a guy named grayphantom donated $325!!!

$325 FRIGGEN DOLLARS!

Thats insane!
Aaiko made over $2000 with seika.
In response to Dession
-___- I need to make me a game O_O
In response to Artekia
Me to <<'
In response to Dession
No wonder he got a big ego from it. Just because it made money doesn't mean it was a good game. I laughed really hard when he said he thought his seika idea was good enough to beat out MMORPG market competitors.

Hell, I bet Light Samurai made more than him. It's one thing to make money, it's another to make money and keep your self respect.

It's like cigarettes: It lures in the nieve, then gets them addicted to cheap substances.
In response to Kunark
Pffftt, who needs self respect when they got money? >_>
In response to Kunark
I dont understand how he got over $2000 in donations. Thats a hella lot.
In response to Dession
Didn't MLAAS make around $1000+ too? Or am I thinking of Proelium?
In response to Foomer
I heard Light Samurai made 5k or something like that.

<<'
In response to Xeal
Doing what?
In response to Foomer
Selling positions in his 'game' that would usually symbolize responsibiltiy and care, of course. =P
In response to Xeal
haha, most ive ever got is $2. :P
In response to Dession
I've really got to make that MMORPG of mine... it would own Seika, assuming I ever managed to finish it. =D
$325 FRIGGEN DOLLARS!

Apparently he liked the game and wanted to support it. It's always nice to know there are people willing to help provide some financial support to products they like.
In response to Crispy
assuming I ever managed to finish it. =D

This is unfortunantly the hard part. Not too many people have the dedication needed to actually finish large scale projects.
In response to Theodis
I have the dedication, just not the time. =)

Plus I made the mistake of making all these other games, too... and now people expect me to update them once in a while... =P
In response to Kunark
No wonder he got a big ego from it. Just because it made money doesn't mean it was a good game.

Well everyone has different opinions though evidently if someone is willing to donate 325$ for the game I'm guessing they enjoy it.

I laughed really hard when he said he thought his seika idea was good enough to beat out MMORPG market competitors.

Well look at what the major competition is in the MMORPG market. Most of the games would be considered sub-par text muds except they have a clunky 2D or 3D graphics engine to deal with which inflates the time players spend doing nothing but moving from point to point. However being largely succesful doesn't mean making a game you might consider fun but understanding what the majority consider fun or what they will pay money monthly for(which may not neccessarily be the same). Then of course a lot of it is properly marketing your product which sometimes tends to have a larger effect that how good the game itself is.
In response to Theodis
A game I used to have hosted for a few days a week, someone donated $150.00 for no reason what so ever, when we asked him why, he said he just liked the game and what we were doing with it.

Come to think of it, we never gave him anything for it either, but it helped get a better host for an entire year!
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
Didn't MLAAS make around $1000+ too? Or am I thinking of Proelium?

Proelium made $1000+ -- MLAAS was probably pretty profitable too.

However, I think anyone claiming that they made $5000 in donations and/or payment for GM abilities is full of it.
In response to Shades
I wonder how much HrH made...Anyone know?
Page: 1 2 3 4