ID:1875916

True story. Happened minutes ago.
I was just about to post a thread about this. I nearly choked on my sandwich when he mentioned Space Station 13.
What was the context, etc etc.
Developer for a new game called Ion was inspired by Space Station 13.
Yeah I went over to the good old /ss13g/ on /vg/ and I am reading about how blessed they are and hope this game will move them all away from here.
Also in recent news, Lummox did a Reddit AMA for the SS13 community. You guys should check it out. There's lots of stuff in there about the future of BYOND and Lummox's vision. It's a fantastic read.

Just don't go over there to shitpost and stir shit. Let's keep the autism contained to this side of the community for once, alright guys?

This is the AMA

Obey the rules of reddit. If you aren't already a part of their community, DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS THREAD. I've linked a no-participation version of this thread for good measure.
Finally, now fan-games can possibly get the recognition they deserve!
In response to DuelistofDarkness
SS13 isn't a fangame, it was an environmental simulator that went viral on 4chan. At its core, it's really rather generic. If only they'd fix the code so it wouldn't lag to hell...
Finally, now fan-games can possibly get the recognition they deserve!

SS13 isn't a fangame.
No no, you don't understand. What I'm saying is with it's new popularity, more and more people will discover BYOND and it's awesome fan-games :D
awesome fan-games

BYOND has "awesome" fan-games? That's news to me. All I see are rips and glorified chatrooms in the fan-game department.
Man, Lugia really hitting that monthly flow hard this time.
This is really cool. I'm glad to see SS13 getting a shout out at a venue like E3.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
This is really cool. I'm glad to see SS13 getting a shout out at a venue like E3.

Tom wrote:
PS. The last company I left ended up going public a year after and everyone became millionaires. So I think this bodes will for Lummox JR & BYOND :)

Although it won't happen until more people start kicking in a few bucks!

It's apparently confirmed. Tom is a gold mine.
And so for the BYONDites in BYOND Hollow, June 16th went down as a day of legend to remind all of the omnipresent power of the offspring that is SS13.

Many a punching bags were hit.
In response to Rocknet
In response to Xirre
Well lets hope Lummox is a real friend and gives Tom his share if same thing happens with BYOND.
Let's discuss something more important.

Xbox One is adding backwards compatibility
In response to Ganite
If Tom's leaving the company, Tom doesn't have "a share". Tom has given up "his share".
Page: 1 2 3