ID:187616

First of all, it doesnt render CSS proplerly
Go here in FireFox(or someother standards compliant browser), and then try it in IE:
http://aquatak.ath.cx:99/

And it doesnt see .xhtml files as a valid extension, once again try the link in FireFox(or someother standards compliant browser), and then try it in IE:
http://dionidium.com/index.xhtml

With IE it will tell you to download it but a Real webbrowser will accept, and render it properly.

Thats all I have to say except that IE hasnt had a real udate since 1997

That is all
Your so right... But I shall never switch :P
In response to Kunark
Kunark wrote:
Your so right... But I shall never switch :P

Thats fine by me, its your internet experiance is being loward to -5/10
Of course any website that isn't designed to support IE either is stupid or not aiming to get much traffic as many people still use IE. I still use IE as I haven't ever had any need to change to using a different browser.
In response to Smoko
It works fine for me, IE isnt that bad, ive never had any problems.
the first page looked the same in both.

i've found that IE has MUCH better support for javascript. i've also had trouble with style settings in other browsers when they work just fine in IE.

IE is a real webbrowser that has many advantages over other browsers. other browsers probably have their advantages too, i just haven't seen any.
In response to OneFishDown
OneFishDown wrote:
i've found that IE has MUCH better support for javascript. i've also had trouble with style settings in other browsers when they work just fine in IE.

These are mostly because Microsoft likes to define their own extensions. Which is very annoying, because then everyone HAS to use IE, because people have used MS's extensions...

Firefox's dev team has a good strategy; follow the leader. In other words, rather than trying to change the way things are done, support the way they're done now. It supports IE's "document.all" syntax now (it generates a warning in the Javascript console about deprecation, but you usually won't notice that).

IE is a real webbrowser that has many advantages over other browsers. other browsers probably have their advantages too, i just haven't seen any.

What, you're saying Firefox isn't a real web browser? Damn, I guess I'm not making this post then! =D

Possibly you haven't seen any because you haven't tried any other decent browsers? Taken a look at Firefox lately?
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
What, you're saying Firefox isn't a real web browser?

jumping to conclusions is correct 200% of the time.

Possibly you haven't seen any because you haven't tried any other decent browsers? Taken a look at Firefox lately?

i prefer IE. i have tried other browsers and IE works better. i never liked other browsers when i tried them, so i'm not too prone to try them again any time soon. i don't like getting punched in the face, so i'm not too anxious to try it again to see if i like it yet.
OneFishDown wrote:
Crispy wrote:
What, you're saying Firefox isn't a real web browser?

jumping to conclusions is correct 200% of the time.

Riiiiight. Whatever.

i prefer IE. i have tried other browsers and IE works better. i never liked other browsers when i tried them, so i'm not too prone to try them again any time soon. i don't like getting punched in the face, so i'm not too anxious to try it again to see if i like it yet.

What an extreme and utterly irrelevant analogy.

It's this simple:

1. Go to the Firefox site and download it.

2. Install it.

3. Run it. Let it import all of your existing IE settings.

4. Surf around a bit to see if you like it.

5. If you like it, great! If you don't like it, that's great too! Just uninstall it and it will be gone, and you can go back to using IE. No harm done.

On second thoughts, I don't know why I'm even bothering to reply to you, because I'm one of Them, aren't I? I'm a member of the evil Forum Moderator cult who is out to get you and eat your brains. Quick, put your tin foil hat back on, because I'm obviously reading your mind.
In response to Crispy
1. i can number things too

2. i tried other browers.

3. i didn't like them.

4. i kept using IE.

5. time passed.

6. i tried other browers again.

7. still, i did not like them.

8. time was still passing.

9. beings of superior intellect inform me to use superior web browers that are "standards compliant"

10. i give the browsers another try.

11. still, i prefer IE.

12. and so, i still use IE.

On second thoughts, I don't know why I'm even bothering to reply to you, because I'm one of Them, aren't I? I'm a member of the evil Forum Moderator cult who is out to get you and eat your brains.

13. oh, this just in, jumping to conclusions is now correct 201% of the time!

Quick, put your tin foil hat back on, because I'm obviously reading your mind.

14. based on some of your responses its debatable that you're reading at all, let alone reading my mind.
In response to Jermman
Yah, it isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It just has a few loose ends in areas that really don't effect me.
OneFishDown wrote:
1. i can number things too

Congratulations, Sherlock, I would never have noticed if you hadn't told me.

(That was sarcasm. In case you hadn't realised.)

[snip]
12. and so, i still use IE.

Okay, fine. No need to get all defensive about it.

13. oh, this just in, jumping to conclusions is now correct 201% of the time!

Oh the sarcasm, the pain, the sarcasm!

Quick, put your tin foil hat back on, because I'm obviously reading your mind.
14. based on some of your responses its debatable that you're reading at all, let alone reading my mind.

Oh, I'm so insulted. Which responses, pray tell?

If you started posting again to provoke a flame war, well done, you're evidently very good at it.
In response to Crispy
If you started posting again to provoke a flame war, well done, you're evidently very good at it.

Not to be hypocritical, of course I'm worse than most people, but you don't need to flame back to flamitory comments, which also prevents a flame war from becoming worse.

I don't get why all the oldbies on the forum have been so sour the past month or two. It's definately noticable.
In response to Kunark
I don't get why all the oldbies on the forum have been so sour the past month or two. It's definately noticable.

Because people piss me off. I've very mean in real life too, only people that I like im nice too. Im mean to everyone else.
OneFishDown wrote:
the first page looked the same in both.

It might just be my version of IE (windows 2000 defult), but the text is larger than it should be.

And I personally find java script to be annoying, if I cant do it with CSS or PHP then its not workth doing IMO
In response to Kunark
Kunark wrote:

Not to be hypocritical, of course I'm worse than most people, but you don't need to flame back to flamitory comments, which also prevents a flame war from becoming worse.

it brings out the best in people, and the best in a forum moderator no less. there's really no need to debate it at all; some people like IE and some people don't, thats all there is to it. but no, apparently that's NOT all there is to it, and there IS a need for cunning sarcasm and witty name calling, not to mention the frequent assumptions.
In response to Smoko
Smoko wrote:
And I personally find java script to be annoying, if I cant do it with CSS or PHP then its not workth doing IMO

i couldn't live without JS. yes, it can be used to make some very tacky and annoying things, but it can also make webpages a lot more functional. JS is handy for changing content on a page without having to reload the whole page.
Reasons why not to complain of IE or any other browser.

People use whatever they want to use, ok?
In response to Kaga-Kami
Kaga-Kami wrote:
Reasons why not to complain of IE or any other browser.

People use whatever they want to use, ok?

People can use what they want, but seriously if i use IE for about 10 minutes i'll have about 20 different spyware apps installed on my computer. And the fact that it doesnt block popups is a big turn off. Firefox doesnt allow sites to install spyware on your comptuer and thats why i use it.
In response to Critical
It blocks ALL spyware? so I can go to newgrounds.com and not have to worry about spyware and viruses?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6