In response to Kumorii
The difference between I and Yut Put is that I'm a simple player, meanwhile, he considers himself a great programmer, and all he's got so far is some "points" from a bunch of guys on this Forum, even though he claimed he had done "a huge thing". His games don't stand by themselves over any other existing game, as they were never appreciated by more than 10 players, what's the point then? Thinking that you've done something unique? Then let's give 1000 bucks to anyone who makes a genre that's never been touched before, even if it s*cks.
Lol, why did you censor 'sucks'?
How dare you speak about BYOND's greatest Butt that way? I'll have you know that Butt Butt's butt is the juiciest, most succulent butt we've ever witnessed on this site.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
Lol, why did you censor 'sucks'?

He didn't want to offend our virgin eyes.
The difference between I and Yut Put is that I'm a simple player, meanwhile, he considers himself a great programmer.

Yut doesn't consider himself even a decently skilled programmer. You don't know what you are talking about. At all. I know Yut. I talk to him regularly, and he'd actually agree with some of the shit you are saying. Epic couldn't stand on its own because it was a starting point, not a finished game. Yut admits that he worked himself into a corner because he works fast, and doesn't plan ahead. He ran into problems that he didn't have the knowledge to fix because he lacks the programming chops to fix problems of that magnitude.

That said, You know nothing about game design. I'm not a game designer myself, I'm just a programmer, but I'll be the first to admit that Yut's strong point is in the rapid prototyping of ideas. To shine, he really needs to get out of this community, find a strong programmer to work with that can match his pace and motivation, and he needs to find a designer that focuses on mechanics and player motivation to run his ideas against.

But this thread isn't supposed to be about Yut Put's merits, or for that matter Zete's. This thread was made explicitly to make fun of a developer on this community, and to completely stir shit. Regardless of how we feel about the quality of anyone's games on this community, this topic was misguided and should have been locked IMMEDIATELY because none of you were actually interested in discussing design theory or anything productive. All you guys wanted to do was make this place more toxic and wank to your own delusions of grandeur about how great you are despite your utter lack of credential or demonstration of ability in comparison to people who are actually doing shit of their own.

Then again, my stint as a moderator and my policies regarding shitposting and bullying only seemed to incite some kind of autistic rebellion, I can see why the mods are refusing to try to get you retards to play nice anymore.
In response to Ter13
No butthurt necessary, Ter. What don't you get about that? Duh.

Quote:
[...] in comparison to people who are actually doing shit of their own.

Technically, Zasif didn't do much of anything on his own... He did use a ripped source, after all.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Then again, my stint as a moderator and my policies regarding shitposting and bullying only seemed to incite some kind of autistic rebellion, I can see why the mods are refusing to try to get you retards to play nice anymore.

That's offensive and now I iz crying.
Anyways, back to the topic... I didn't want to defend Dragon Ki, in fact, I hate it and it's creator for showing how the current BYOND allows Zeta RIPs on the first page when you click games. I can understand that the guy who's creating it wanted to continue a game, but why put it on the most visible section of the site?..
yeah i think the anti mod coalition is on standby waiting for a mod to even so much as THINK about enforcing the forum rules, so they can come out of nowhere and say "WAT DAFUQ, Y U DELETE MY POST, Y U CLOSE DAT, Y U NAZI?"
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
yeah i think the anti mod coalition is on standby waiting for a mod to even so much as THINK about enforcing the forum rules, so they can come out of nowhere and say "WAT DAFUQ, Y U DELETE MY POST, Y U CLOSE DAT, Y U NAZI?"

I promise I'll never make a thread related to Mods if any of my posts get deleted, some times I type like an angry troll.
War...

Where the fires finally burned themselves to rest and the damage of the battles could be seen through the fog of war.

Destruction on both sides. Casualties and wounded strewn throughout the fields, lying helplessly in agony. But such is the price of war. There are no victors in battle. Only survivors. And it is there that the truth of mankind burns brightest in the darkest hearts of men and women.

War... War never changes.

And... scene...
In response to Kats
Kats wrote:
No butthurt necessary, Ter. What don't you get about that? Duh.

Quote:
[...] in comparison to people who are actually doing shit of their own.

Technically, Zasif didn't do much of anything on his own... He did use a ripped source, after all.

You can pretend like what you were doing when you started this wasn't shitty, but it is. You went off on someone for persecuting you for being a furry earlier, when NO ONE mentioned furries. You either get to be shitty or sensitive. Not both.

Anyways, back to the topic... I didn't want to defend Dragon Ki, in fact, I hate it and it's creator for showing how the current BYOND allows Zeta RIPs on the first page when you click games. I can understand that the guy who's creating it wanted to continue a game, but why put it on the most visible section of the site?..

As for why this is the case, it's because this site has almost nothing redeemable on it. 100 players isn't popular. Make something worth playing instead of complaining about what everyone else is doing.

This thread is now about horses.
In response to Ter13
I went off? I made like... a one sentence comment at the end of a rather well thought out, on-topic post stating that it's a little dated to treat certain groups of people as inferior. But, this is the internet and it wouldn't be the internet without someone constantly trying to blow everything out of proportion, so, whatever, really.

Everything about this thread is meant to be a humorous take on bad games and worse developers. No one here is butthurt except for you, which is weird, not even Zasif is upset. He actually seems to find it amusing too, which is fine.

In fact, if there's anyone here who's been a diva for attention, it's kinda been you. You need to be a little more mature about the context of this thread and not assume that everyone is out to get you.

Is this thread stupid? Absolutely. Is it relevant or constructive in any form? Absolutely not. Is it funny? Most certainly. And that's all I really have to say about it.
In response to Ter13
I accept your topic change. This thread is about horses.

GoldenArk wrote:
No seriously, which Zeta are we talking about?

Dragon Ball Zeta, I doubt the original one exists at the moment, and I have never played it. But most Dragon Ball Games around use it's source, even games like Dragon Universe use their base icon with small changes.
The original does exist. The owner has a site for his source code. Although, he seems embarrassed about it.
Dragon Ball Zeta, I doubt the original one exists at the moment, and I have never played it. But most Dragon Ball Games around use it's source, even games like Dragon Universe use their base icon with small changes.

I have preserved a copy of the closest codebase to the original that exists for legacy sake. I've got a copy of the version that was leaked by Midzgor shortly after Phoenix_Man got his hands on it and implemented a sort of myspace system into it.

But yeah, the original probably doesn't exist anymore. I've since lost my oldest copies that would be recognizable as the original.
The mod for it exists:
http://www.kujila.com/byond.html
Majins and Mystics isn't the original. Kujila didn't make Zeta, Dracon did. Dracon and Maniack were the main contributors, but they brought on a guy to work on the map, who leaked the game. Kujila's variant was one of the first ones to get popular, though.

EDIT: inb4 ninja edit.
Ha, yea, I thought it was the original. To think that a source could be so popular.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5