ID:187648

**Danger: Boring site layout**

Heres the link:
http://www.freewebs.com/smoko/

Havent got anything on their yet juast a basic thinger to see if anyone likes the look.

Ignore the Valid XHTML 1.0 bit because it isnt valid, Im only three errors away. Tell me what you think and suggest how I can make it better
Eeee. Bright yellow. My eyes. Make the yellows much lighter, for a start; perhaps consider making the content section white. Or vary it slightly; a light grey for the content section might work okay.

I assume you're mostly asking about the colour scheme, because yes, the layout is pretty boring. =)

What's the business about? Digging equipment or something?
In response to Crispy
Freewebs?

YUCK.
Kholintian Destroying Army wrote:
Freewebs?

YUCK.

You use geocities. That's no better.
In response to Crispy
Eeee. Bright yellow. My eyes. Make the yellows much lighter, for a start; perhaps consider making the content section white. Or vary it slightly; a light grey for the content section might work okay.

hehe, Ill try changing it to a Lighter yellow on the border and s greyish content box.

What's the business about? Digging equipment or something?

Kinda, he does the digging with fancy equipment

Freewebs?

YUCK.

I was to lazy to find anything else without banner adds :P
Smoko wrote:
Ignore the Valid XHTML 1.0 bit because it isnt valid, Im only three errors away. Tell me what you think and suggest how I can make it better

Why not fix it? It's really only two easy to fix errors? :)
In response to Jon88
Because it wont make any difference to the site, I know exactly what they are and what I done to cause them.

But why make a rough draft perfect?
In response to Airjoe
Airjoe wrote:
Kholintian Destroying Army wrote:
Freewebs?

YUCK.

You use geocities. That's no better.

Actually, I don't.
I use geocities due to a problem with my .tk account (blah blah TK is no better, etc. Pah to you.) linking to my proper host, so I put an "enter" bit on my geocities account. I also use it for porting coursework from school to home.

I use a different host.