ID:187820

Im bored and have nothing better to do, so im giving away orkut gmail invites.

Any one want one?

reply with your email addres and I will send one.

www.orkut.com
www.gmail.com

4 Left
The fact that you give them away like that does nothing but make it apparent that any attempts at an exclusive club like that will fail miserably and thus, the invites are worthless.

Except to annoying kids who want to ruin things for other people.
In response to Garthor
Now that you mention it, giving away invites like so ruins the whole idea.

Anyway I can close this thread or should I just edit the posts?

EDIT: GMail only now
In response to Garthor
The invites are already worthless. As soon as you give them out you have more the next day. They cause free advertising for gmail.
I might as well throw these in ... I have 6 gmail invites sitting around unused, and everyone I know has a gmail account already. I realise everyone around here who wants a gmail account probably has one already, but if you don't just contact me and I'll be happy to get rid of them. =P

Email me at the address in my profile though, don't clutter up the forum.
Heres a rumor for you:

I heard a rumor that people were using Gmail accounts for beta signups, and people were looking at their mail and stuff and so when they were accepted for a beta people would steal their beta acceptances before the person would check their mail. I don't know how this works, but that's the rumor.
In response to Kunark
Let me put it this way:

If GMail accounts were that blatantly insecure, it would be worldwide news, not a rumor.
In response to Garthor
I did hear another rumour, though: that gmail is a social engineering experiment. If you give people a quota, they'll try to meet it.