ID:1879097

Ok so it's fine we have all these advanced codes and systems and demos and w/e but come on who the hell is actually using them?. I see all these libraries of stuff I have no idea what the hell they even do let alone what good they would do plastered all around byond. Now the question is "What good is this for a community that can't make a original game outside of modding a ripped source code?" I mean sure I bet some non anime games might have used some of this stuff but of the few games that aren't a reiconed ripped source code I bet hardly anyone even uses it let alone know what it does. So why is this a continuous thing?
I actually myself am not an expert programmer. If I'm not getting help from a friend on fixing a problem or can't create something first thing I do is look for a library/demo. If I don't see anything I like or anything decent enough for me to build off I then take the payment route. Which is rare I've only paid for my beam system cause I dislike the libraries for them. Right now my game DragonVerse Online uses atleast 4 modified libraries.
Wait, are you complaining about the libraries existing? or that most developers never actually use them? Either way... how does that affect you?

Also, everyone, don't be afraid to ask questions about libraries. Although it's hard to see posts made on library forums... might as well post on these forums instead.