ID:188045

Where do you report people, I forgot -.-

XzDog comes into some game I don't even own and singles me out calling me a zeta ripper.. First of all, I don't even know him, secondly.. he pages me thertening to hack me. And he does this when he himself once owned a zeta rip. <--(7:57 pm) XzDoG: ill hack your ass dont mess with me newbie.
1) Open DreamSeeker.
2) Click the 'Pager' tab.
3) Click the 'Banned Keys' button at the bottom.
4) Click the 'Add' button.
5) Type in 'XzDog' and click 'OK'.
6) Click 'OK'.

Problem goes away.

Learn to deal with people yourself.
Majinveku wrote:

XzDog comes into some game I don't even own and singles me out calling me a zeta ripper.. First of all, I don't even know him, secondly.. he pages me thertening to hack me. And he does this when he himself once owned a zeta rip. <--(7:57 pm) XzDoG: ill hack your ass dont mess with me newbie.

First of all, XzDog does this kind of stuff. Truthfully at heart, he is nothing but a hipocrite, nothing more. When he sees a game he doesn't like, he ridicules it, then attempts to freak out the user by "ambiguously hacking" when he doesn't even know your own I.P. address. And also he doesn't even know you have a router or firewall, resulting in the fact that IF he hacks you, you can report him to the web police.

Bottom-line, when people come and tell you "I'm gonna hack you", it means they're bluffing. True hackers keep their identity shrouded, especially in a place so secure as this. If they get caught, they could be banned from BYOND, or result in a dramatic mood change from the public, i.e: they won't like you very much.

And besides, being hacked isn't losing your life. Sure it could mean the difference of your $2,000 computer, but the fact is, many, many people are "overly scared" of the reputation and the bidding of what a hacker can actually do. Just recently I've had my email attacked and held by a hacker, luckily with nothing useful in it, and it's just been a pain in the neck to gain it back.
In response to Asguard
Truthfully at heart, he is nothing but a hipocrite, nothing more.

"Why hello there, Mr. Kettle, you are looking exceptionally black today!"
In response to Garthor
Garthor wrote:
"Why hello there, Mr. Kettle, you are looking exceptionally black today!"

Why, thank you! I try my best!
In response to Asguard
I'm a hooker is that close to a hacker? nahh im just kiddin but hackers suck they give me too many viruses...ive gotten like 8 implemented threw a few online games..and some given as screen shots...
In response to Asguard
Asguard wrote:
Majinveku wrote:

First of all, XzDog does this kind of stuff. Truthfully at heart, he is nothing but a hipocrite, nothing more. When he sees a game he doesn't like, he ridicules it, then attempts to freak out the user by "ambiguously hacking" when he doesn't even know your own I.P. address. And also he doesn't even know you have a router or firewall, resulting in the fact that IF he hacks you, you can report him to the web police.

Bottom-line, when people come and tell you "I'm gonna hack you", it means they're bluffing. True hackers keep their identity shrouded, especially in a place so secure as this. If they get caught, they could be banned from BYOND, or result in a dramatic mood change from the public, i.e: they won't like you very much.

And besides, being hacked isn't losing your life. Sure it could mean the difference of your $2,000 computer, but the fact is, many, many people are "overly scared" of the reputation and the bidding of what a hacker can actually do. Just recently I've had my email attacked and held by a hacker, luckily with nothing useful in it, and it's just been a pain in the neck to gain it back.

Well, I know XzDog is a big hipocrite, and I have called him one on the forums before (probably why he did this) I mean the guy gos around wasting his life going in zeta rips calling the people names when he himself thought he was all cool and owned his little zeta. And I also know he is a joke who most likely can't hack.. But I just figured if I could report him, he could maybe be banned for therts or something.. he is a really annoying person >.>
In response to Joeybx14
Joeybx14 wrote:
I'm a hooker is that close to a hacker? nahh im just kiddin but hackers suck they give me too many viruses...

*buzz* wrong! but thanks for playing! 'crackers' do viruses, 'hackers' solve problems.

http://www.clueless.com/jargon4.2.0/html/entry/hacker.html
"...6. An expert or enthusiast of any kind. One might be an astronomy hacker, for example. 7. One who enjoys the intellectual challenge of creatively overcoming or circumventing limitations. 8. [deprecated] A malicious meddler who tries to discover sensitive information by poking around. Hence `password hacker', `network hacker'. The correct term for this sense is cracker."

get it right - don't believe the media hype.

:p

regarding 'reporting people' - if you feel you have been threatened and/or can provide proof of an attack to your computer, send logs and pertinent info to the support form (http://www.byond.com/support/support.cgi)
In response to Garthor
The pot calling the Kettle black doesn't change the fact that the kettle is black.
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
1) Open DreamSeeker.
6) Click 'OK'.

Problem goes away.

In real life, I would agree, deal with people yourself, but when a person is harasshing a number of people in a online community, the staff should take it upon themselfs to fix the problem.
In response to Shades
Shades wrote:
Foomer wrote:
1) Open DreamSeeker.
6) Click 'OK'.

Problem goes away.

In real life, I would agree, deal with people yourself, but when a person is harasshing a number of people in a online community, the staff should take it upon themselfs to fix the problem.

Shades, harass people? Yes i harass zeta rippers why shouldnt the whole community they are outcasts and dont bring up the past with me im tired of hearing from you. stay away from topics with my name on it or in it please thank you shades for your rant!

- XzDoG
In response to XzDoG
XzDoG wrote:
Shades, harass people? Yes i harass zeta rippers why shouldnt the whole community they are outcasts and dont bring up the past with me im tired of hearing from you. stay away from topics with my name on it or in it please thank you shades for your rant!

You shouldn't harass them because it's just creating useless garbage on the pager, and threads like these. And as previously mentioned, it's hypocrisy. There's no need for you to do any of that.

Lummox JR
In response to XzDoG
XzDoG wrote:
Shades wrote:
Foomer wrote:
1) Open DreamSeeker.
6) Click 'OK'.

Problem goes away.

- XzDoG

They are outcasts huh? Last time I checked it is "Create your own net dream" not "XzDog's net dream". Yeah, so some of them are possibly using a old reused source, but no one is forcing you to play these games, and it dosen't give you a right to bother these people.
In response to Shades
Shades wrote:
XzDoG wrote:
Shades wrote:
Foomer wrote:
1) Open DreamSeeker.
6) Click 'OK'.

Problem goes away.

- XzDoG

They are outcasts huh? Last time I checked it is "Create your own net dream" not "XzDog's net dream". Yeah, so some of them are possibly using a old reused source, but no one is forcing you to play these games, and it dosen't give you a right to bother these people.

Alright shades so if you made a game and i stoal the source and changed the name that makes it ok? Dont think so.
In response to XzDoG
XzDoG wrote:
Shades wrote:
XzDoG wrote:
Shades wrote:
Foomer wrote:
1) Open DreamSeeker.
6) Click 'OK'.

Problem goes away.

- XzDoG

Alright shades so if you made a game and i stoal the source and changed the name that makes it ok? Dont think so.

XzDog, is it YOUR game? No it isn't. Its not your job to deal with it. And you are also not a police officer or a Byond mod. You still dont have a right to spam or flame people.
In response to Shades
correct. topic closed. reports should be addressed to the support forum mentioned earlier in this post by me.