ID:1881197

Resolved
BYOND Version:508
Operating System:Windows 8
Web Browser:Chrome 43.0.2357.130
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Whenever I open a window with a 2nd map element in it and close it, if I reboot the world, the void turns into the same color as that map.
In this case, My inventory is another window where theres a map element in which I send grid objects to a certain screen_loc. When I close that window and Reboot/Reconnect, the void (which is usually black) turns into the same color as my map element's background (which in my case is white).

Screenshot:
map

Void

Expected Results:
Stays black.

Feature request!:
I think this could be a really nice feature if we could change manually the void's color with a var like "world/void_color". If a bug can produce it, I'm sure it can be a feature!

Ex: Could be used to create a sky-like void?
void nice
Ah, it looks like some older parts of the code weren't really acting right in terms of multiple map controls, and were using values that were for all intents and purposes global.

I believe this should be an easy fix for 508.1291.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Ah, it looks like some older parts of the code weren't really acting right in terms of multiple map controls, and were using values that were for all intents and purposes global.

I believe this should be an easy fix for 508.1291.

Is "void-color" as a world/var still possible?
The color of the void is just the background color of the map control.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
The color of the void is just the background color of the map control.

Oh now I sound stupid... :p

Why on earth didn't I even try before asking? -_-
Thank you.
Please retest this in 508.1291.
LordAndrew resolved issue
Having tested this in 509.1319, this issue appears to be fixed. However, a new one has emerged (possibly related?) I'll post a new bug report in a moment.

Edit: http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=2023496