ID:188149

My brother went on an ISO-CD-image download-fest and exceeded our cheap ADSL's 5 GB download limit over the span of yesterday and today. Thus, any additional bandwidth we use comes as a surcharge.

So, until the next billing period -- July 5th -- I'm going to be using the internet as sparingly as possible. I'll still check e-mail, but otherwise I'm leaving my pager off, not perusing the forums (grr), not browsing the internet (grr), and not checking Lexy's progress on Hedgerow Hall (grr).

If anyone asks, direct them to this post, please.
ok! we'll miss you during the HrH testing on the 30th! :)

(*goes off to make a spuzzum-esqe squirrel character*)
Spuzzum wrote:
My brother went on an ISO-CD-image download-fest and exceeded our cheap ADSL's 5 GB download limit over the span of yesterday and today. Thus, any additional bandwidth we use comes as a surcharge.

That's one lousy download limit.
Posting to the BYONDscape forum requires very little bandwidth. Come, let us amuse you!
In response to digitalmouse
digitalmouse wrote:
ok! we'll miss you during the HrH testing on the 30th! :)

(*goes off to make a spuzzum-esqe squirrel character*)

What HRH testing?
In response to Sariat
Sariat babbled:
What HRH testing?

You don't crawl out of your hole much, do you? :)

http://www.digitalbyond.org/hrh/viewtopic.php?t=534

http://www.digitalbyond.org/hrh/viewtopic.php?t=534

Maybe he just doesn't crawl into that hole which is plagued by many eyesore features :P.
In response to Theodis
eyesore? ok, granted the graphics aren't the best (roleplaying skill is more important than eye-candy at this point), but so far Lexy is one of the few developers who actually builds functional, enjoyable (for most, not everyone of course) and popular games in this community. can't knock it for that.
digitalmouse wrote:
eyesore? ok, granted the graphics aren't the best (roleplaying skill is more important than eye-candy at this point), but so far Lexy is one of the few developers who actually builds functional, enjoyable (for most, not everyone of course) and popular games in this community. can't knock it for that.

I think he was talking about the forum colors.
In response to Sariat
I would have to agree, that green hurts my eyes.
I really enjoyed her Black Ball Line game, it'd be cool if that could be player hosted. I would even give her some space on my webserver for the hub package if she needed it. O.o
He's back! And, though it extends beyond the realm of fathomability, he has discovered that it is actually possible to survive without the internet for a time!
In response to Sariat
I think he was talking about the forum colors.

Not only that but signatures, space wasted on pointless information and images, and no nice apparent thread view :P. The BYOND forum is the only decent forum I know of that isn't cluttered with a bunch of crap.
In response to Theodis
Hear hear! The BYOND forums are the best-designed forums I have ever seen. phpbb probably comes a close second, and ezboard.com maybe third. (Except that ezboard.com has literally dozens of ads on each page unless you pay them.)

UltimateBB has to be the worst forum system ever invented, though. Yuck, yuck, yuck, just YUCK.
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
Hear hear! The BYOND forums are the best-designed forums I have ever seen. phpbb probably comes a close second, and ezboard.com maybe third. (Except that ezboard.com has literally dozens of ads on each page unless you pay them.)

UltimateBB has to be the worst forum system ever invented, though. Yuck, yuck, yuck, just YUCK.

Invision Power Board is much, much, much better than ezboard.
In response to Spuzzum
I don't see what people hate so much about ezboard, but you're probably right about Invision. I don't use it that much, so I forgot about it. =)
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
I don't see what people hate so much about ezboard

Ads. You get flooded with them straight away. The boards are alright, but they aren't great. Having global/local accounts is good, but it doesn't really make up for the rest of the junk.
In response to DarkView
DarkView wrote:
Ads.

Crispy wrote:
(Except that ezboard.com has literally dozens of ads on each page unless you pay them.)

=)

The only ezboard forum I ever visit is paid for, so I don't get the ads. I can understand why people hate the unpaid ones, though.