The Dying Breed

by Mr. RJT
The Dying Breed
Open world multiplayer zombie survival
ID:1882270

[A Friendly Encounter]

[Turned Bad!]

I had the chance to test with more than one player today. It turned out decent with very few bugs. As you can see in the second image, when one dies they'll drop all of their loot. I may opt with allowing the loot to remain on the character and have the players click on the corpse to remove it.

There is also a layering issue when one dies, which is why the corpses' face looks screwed up. I'll fix that as well.

Something small: I used "auto-tile" to smooth out the dirt roads...

Other than that, the game is still ready for public testing. I'll be out of town this weekend; I truly hope I get a chance to get the game released just to get feedback.
This looks really interesting, I love the Space Station 13 meets zombie apocalypse feel that you have going on.

Definitely worth keeping an eye on, best of luck. (:
Artstyle is killing my eyes. Or rather the contrasting artstyles are. Ouch.
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:

Have to agree. The environment is super detailed but the people are in 8-bit style.

Otherwise, looks interesting.
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:

That's the type of feedback I'm looking for. I work on the game a few hours a day and I've become blind to the flaws every once in a while. Thanks!

I'm either going to redue the game art myself or hire an artist. It really depends on several of factors.
In response to Bravo1
Bravo1 wrote:
Lugia319 wrote:

Have to agree. The environment is super detailed but the people are in 8-bit style.

Otherwise, looks interesting.

Like my above comment, thanks! I definitely need feedback and that's why I'm pushing towards an early release.
I like the style of the players, but to get a good idea of how to blend the environment with the characters, look at MLaaS.