In response to Hazman
Well, also, frozen water(such as snow) is a lot losser packed than liquid water. Melt down a cup of snow and it will probably be less than half a cup(i have never tested that)
In response to Hazman
Yup, exactly what I meant when I typed:

Now, I imagine that a greater volume of snow must be ingested compared to water to get the same effect, since frozen H2O molecules are larger than liquid molecules (a cubic inch of snow contains less water than a cubic inch of liquid water)...but again, this difference is probably too small to bother with...

So yeah, you can't get the same benefit per volume, but you can still quench your thirst with snow... It would just take a little more...
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
That they do, because Canada, Australia, and most Europhile countries completely suck.

Oy! You're free to rant away on your blog, but if I didn't know you were partially joking, then I would probably be offended. (At least, I think you're partially joking...)

Okay, slight exaggeration.

Slight?! :-\

When it comes to nutritional guidelines and what they will and won't freak out about, they completely suck. So only coffee, tea, and cola-based sodas are allowed caffeine in those countries. Any other kind of soda that would have caffeine in the civilized world is emasculated.

If that's what you call a necessary prequisite for "civilization", then, quite frankly, you know where you can stick that "civilization" of yours.

And finally, I'd appreciate it if you differentiated in future between the laws of a country and the views of the people who live there. Thanks.

I had a lengthier and nastier post prepared, but I deleted most of it before posting. Besides, Jon's excellent point basically sums it up in more civilised terms. And I don't mean "civilized" as in "drinks caffienated soft drink all day long".
In response to Crispy
Lucky people,atleast it does snow where you live...
I live down in New Orleans,Louisiana and it snowed maybe once or trice but,I was not born...eh...
In response to Jon88
I'm sure there's a moderator on their way to edit out the offensive part(s) of the post and take action against the rule-breaker. After all, that's what moderators do... right?

I've come across some sites of other BYONDers from google searches. However, those searches are programming or graphics related. I've also seen some familiar names in other Internet communities, but its probably just a coincidence.
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
Oy! You're free to rant away on your blog, but if I didn't know you were partially joking, then I would probably be offended. (At least, I think you're partially joking...)

Of course!

And finally, I'd appreciate it if you differentiated in future between the laws of a country and the views of the people who live there. Thanks.

Naturally I do. Of course, I didn't really specify that I was talking about the governments of those respective countries, but I'd hoped the context was enough.

Lummox JR
In response to XxDohxX
Trust me sure snow is good and fun when its a few inchs but when it snows freaking 4 feet and you have to clear the driveway you will hate snow...
Page: 1 2