ID:188781

For anyone around here who browses the forum regularly, give yourself a nice taste of the Topic View option. I guarantee that you'll fall in love with it after a day of use.*

* Not a guarantee.
I have always used it!
I HATE topic view. I need to know how replied to who with what and why and...WHO!

Topic view, to me, is a combination of newest threads and show all. If I want that, I can just do a blank [advanced] forum search and then click show all.
In response to Maz
Topic view would be ok if it didnt have to have show all too, i like only seeing one post at a time.
In response to Airjoe
The tree on the bottom tells how posts are related and gives their header information.

Of course, I'd really want more people to use topic view just to stop seeing them bump posts because of their thread supposedly being on the next page. I've never seen a recently active thread go off the first page. Even if a person manages not to look selfish by bumping, they look a bit ignorant. Those with something to add to the thread might have already been able to see it. Sure, some might not. However, that's why I'd want more people to use Topic View. ;)
In response to ACWraith
Having it by default setting it to topic view would be handy, I find if I want to know the tree of messages I'll look at the bottom personally I really dis-like any other view. Its the first thing I change when I goto a BYOND forum.
In response to Maz
Maz wrote:
Having it by default setting it to topic view would be handy, I find if I want to know the tree of messages I'll look at the bottom personally I really dis-like any other view. Its the first thing I change when I goto a BYOND forum.

Uh... you can set it as default.
In response to Spuzzum
I have always used topic view, and I like it. A lot. Rarely, if ever, will you have to go to the next page to see a message you haven't read yet. =)
Is there a way to disable the show all section of topic view? If there is then I would be sold on the idea. Although I'd like a "How many replies" count as well, that isn't really needed.
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
Maz wrote:

Uh... you can set it as default.

Yeah, but if it was the default to begin with, I think we would have less bumping of posts and complaints about threads being pushed to the second page.
In response to Flick
Good Flick, thats wwhat I meant Spuzzo.