ID:1888110

So here's how topsy-turvy my life is lately.
The company I work with is shutting down the factory later this year so I've been putting out applications to get my ducks in a row and avoid being unemployed for a stint because bills. With all the luck in my body, I have heard back from every job I applied to and each would be offering ~25% better pay and one of which would certify me as a Technician. Whoo, things are looking good for 'ol Kumo, right?

11:00pm - Work
So I just got off the clock and I'm about to head home so I stop at a Dash-In to get a 12-pack of soda(andabitchinnewlighter) and the Indian clerk guy goes to process my order and, since Dash-In sucks, their receipt printer always takes about 5 seconds to print. So we're awkwardly waiting for the receipt when we make eye contact.
((**If you're not familiar with the sexiness that is my face, you should know I have a big nose that I have learned to embrace because middle school is mean.**))

In the politest, thickest Indian accent I've heard he says, "You have a, uh.. vedy sharp nose". So we exchange a few awkward words and I leave, soda and lighter in tow. but the night wasn't done with me yet.

11:35ishpm - Middle of Nowhere(.5miles from my driveway)
So I'm driving, almost home and all hyped to get in the shower to smell like something other than coolant and get some food in my stomache because I'm hun-THUDHOLYSHITWTFWASTHATAMIDEAD. After two years of clean driving, I hit my first deer and hopefully didn't total my car. Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster for insurance. To add insult to injury, the deer shit all down the driverside of my car.

So yeah, just a quick vent-story.
Kumorii wrote:
To add insult to injury, the deer shit all down the driverside of my car.

i lost it
In response to Mickemoose
Mickemoose wrote:
Kumorii wrote:
To add insult to injury, the deer shit all down the driverside of my car.

i lost it

Did the deer died? If so, how does it feel to have murdered Bambi's mom?
.. I could use this... yes...

It's final, I am creating a driving game , avoid the deer & you win a 12-pack of soda.
Are we trading disaster stories? Because my week can top that.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Did the deer died? If so, how does it feel to have murdered Bambi's mom?

It died, but it was a young buck so Bambi will just grow up slightly more effeminate now. As for how it feels, not too bad considering I've hunted/trapped before.
How did you not see the deer? Maybe if your head wasn't buried into your iPhone, you would've seen the poor innocent creature. Damn murderer.
As for how it feels, not too bad considering I've hunted/trapped before.

Meat is murder!
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
How did you not see the deer? Maybe if your head wasn't buried into your iPhone, you would've seen the poor innocent creature. Damn murderer.

Heh. I know you're joking, but it's actually amazing how fast they can appear. Back when I was dating my wife I was driving home alone from her parents' house one night. There was a doe in the median of the divided highway, and I didn't see her until I was practically on top of her--and she dashed out in front of me. (The doe, that is.) I swerved across two lanes to avoid a full-on impact, and fortunately I only side-swiped her nose. Left a little blood so I'm sure she didn't like it, but all three of us lived: me, the doe, and my car.
EmpirezTeam wrote:

iPhones are for uncultured swine, don't insult me with such blasphemy!

So I live back in the woods a bit and there's a lot of farmland along the road to get to my driveway and this year a neighboring farm decided to grow corn in their field that literally borders the road(no shoulders). Now, deer happen to love corn so the deer have been crossing the road en mass this year(my cousin hit one just a month ago). But there's a military base all the way at the end of the road and there was a car coming from down that way and right as I passed it, the deer shot out from the cornfield like some antlered Children of the Corn ripoff and ran just INCHES behind the other car and delve face first into the driverside of my hood.

Admittedly, I know that feel. I-64 between Richmond and Williamsburg is hell at night because the highway is just a tunnel carved through woods and there are deer EVERYWHERE in that area.
If you run over a deer the least you can do is take it to your local Chinese restaurant
I hit two deer, three months apart, about 200 yards from each other on the road I used to take to get home at night. I found another way to go after the third one ran out in front of me and I slammed on the brakes, just barely tapping it. It looked at me for a second and then ran off. The other two didn't make it... I hit the first one dead center of my bumper at about 50mph, the second one in the same spot at about 40mph. That one took my bumper with it.
I ran over a squirrel once.
Can kangaroos be a substitute for dear in this post?
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
Can kangaroos be a substitute for dear in this post?

Lmfao!
Might as well just drive while holding down the horn if you even think an animal is nearby. That would totally be efficient.
or just dont drive cars at all

dont you guys care about the ozone layer, i mean cmon guys, have a heart
EmpirezTeam wrote:
or just dont drive cars at all

dont you guys care about the ozone layer, i mean cmon guys, have a heart

You invent the teleporter and I'll stop driving. Twenty two miles is a long way to walk to work... I rode a bicycle home a couple time when my car got repossessed (another story) and it damn near killed me.
Page: 1 2 3 4